Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

think i can get mmj in canada for my migraines?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by duperdutch, May 31, 2010.

1. #1 duperdutch, May 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2010
    i need ur opinions on what you think will happen when i apply for medical mj. i get extremely painful migraines about once or twice a week and i thought i could get medical mj treatment instead of purchasing pills i was recommended by my doc(they don't seem to suppress the pain and they're expensive). i'll just put this in point form so it's easy to read.

-my episodes last 9-13 hours

-on the onset i feel a light pain, about 20 minutes later it gets very painful and the symptoms kick in

-the pain is sharp and hurts A LOT, it feels like someones crushing my eyes with their fists

-i get very nauseated, i often throw up whatever i eat or drink 5-10 times a day including water, food, bile, etc

-they're debilitating and i usually sleep during the day to avoid the pain (which gives me sleeping problems)

-i get sensitive to light and slightly sensitive to sound.

-they irritate me a lot and put me in a bad mood, especially when i had something planned that day and then i have to cancel my plans

-i miss a lot of my classes because of these migraines and its hard to keep up so i fall behind a lot in my schooling

the effects of mj during my migraines ease the pain and help a ton with my nausea/sleeping problems. what do you guys think? :wave:

edit: i thought i'd add this in too but it isn't associated with the migraines. i have anxiety and get a lot of delusions (i'm not sure if that's what its called, but i lock the door, walk half way down the street, run back to check if its locked... i do this every day lol)

2. Sort of depends on the doctor, are you trying to get it legitimately or what? I mean if you find the right doctor you can get a card for anything, but if you want to say you got it for realz then IDK. You probably could depending on how severe the doctor believes it is.