Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Think about this.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SoggyIndo, Dec 19, 2011.

1. If weed was legalized, we'd have a lot of people growing weed in plain sight in their backyards and whatnot. Just imagine having your entire neighborhood smell like weed. It would be amazing.

2. Wouldn't be allowed. There would still be laws against disturbing the peace, and making your neighborhood reek of weed is definitely disturbing the peace.

Not to mention not everyone likes the smell of weed (I don't) so it would be a dick move to force everyone else to smell it 24/7.

3. It would smell so amazing. Pot is the sweetest smelling rose.

4. eeeeeehhhhh i dont think it qualifies as disturbing the peace lol.... people can grow all sorts of malodorous plants now and its not illegal...

though they will definitely have regulations about growing it... like it has to be enclosed on your property, not just a massive garden in the front lawn probably.... shit like that lol

5. #5 WeedBratton, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011
    There aren't laws about growing any of the particularly potent herbs (rosemary etc.) nor is there a law against growing corpse plants, a plant that smells of a rotting corpse. Smells from agriculture aren't classified as disturbing the peace.

And if everyone was growing, that would suck balls, because there would definitely be people who let males grow, which could fertilize your beauties. Don't get me wrong, it would be awesome if everyone could grow, but just think about how many people on your block have an overgrown lawn, now apply that laziness/forgetfulness to tending your marijuana crops.

Edit: Nath'd like a boss.

6. Have you ever hopped a fence and stolen a peach from someone's tree? An apple? Some strawberries or a plum?

It'll be the same concept here, except worse. Weed is more expensive than an apple or a plum.

Nobody in their right mind would have weed growing in their front yard in the first place. Just because it's been legalized, doesn't mean there won't be any theft. It'll have to be in greenhouses in the backyard, or on the upper porch.

7. Um yeah for the first few years everyone will be acting a fool.

Once the glitter wears off it'll be the same as ditch weed.

I think it'll be great as I love house plants and would keep a few just to make the house atmosphere nice.

8. As would I. I LOVE the smell.

9. Yeah there would be theft, but if everyone can grow; 1, the price will plummet to meet that of a normal agricultural product, and 2, lots of people will have it, so less people will have the drive to steal it.

10. thats kinda what i was implying lol.....

also, consider this, growing a peach tree, takes years, growing a pot plant takes months... pot is cheaper by the amount of renewable capabilities it has hahaha, one could grow thousands of pounds in the time it takes a peach tree to mature and harvest....... not sure why you used that argument, weed is only expensive because its illegal, its dirt fucking cheap to grow weed man.... compared to the cost of it now

11. I don't really think weed smells good... It's more like you like smell of weed because you know smoking it makes you happy.

12. And then the price of weed would go down and we could buy dank for $1 a gram

13. Because it's the perfect argument. You see a peach or lemon tree at night, you're going to hop that fence and take a couple.

If you're a pothead and you see some retard growing in his front yard, you're going to go take a couple.

People WILL do it, and they'll take more. Not everyone will have the resources to grow or the money to buy marijuana cigarettes from stores.

And that's why I said it's "worse". A lot worse. Weed will be taxed. It will be more expensive than tobacco. Therefore, it'll obviously be more expensive than a peach or plum from the store. You steal a peach from a tree to have a fresh peach right there.

You steal a pound of weed from someone's front yard because you want free weed.

14. lmao I was talking about this the other day.

If weed was legalized, people who make a business out of it would be ruined!! Everyone would download breaking bad and start making meth. BAM BAM

15. Also, consider that many states still have "bootlegging" laws; just because alcohol is legal doesn't mean you can manufacture and/or sell it in whatever quantity you like. Brewing beer, for example, is restricted by volume amount in many places, and limited to personal use.

I imagine that if weed were legal, you would need permits to grow it in large amounts, and there would probably be USDA or FDA regulations as to the exact growing conditions. Whether or not you could grow small amounts would probably depend more on state and local ordinances.

Goddamn, I would love smelling it everywhere, though. I think it smells fantastic.

16. that would suck tbh because you would constantly be smelling weed so if you went to smell some to see if it was any good then you could be smelling the plants oder and end up overpaying but not eeveryone would be growing in the first place just because its legalized doesnt mean everyone will like it or choose to grow or use it

17. I'd imagine it get annoying...after 30 or so years.

18. Lol so never?