Think about it:

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by SagaciouSlug, Jan 25, 2014.

1. #41 -13 Amp-, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    Amish people aren't a peaceful utopia lol..and small communes...really? come on now, most of them are religious cults with more overbearing rules than we have now, Amish included...

Hell even the Amish can't agree on their own rules and laws and create groups within the Amish that follow different sets....they even have Amish gangs that go around attack members that aren't in their group of Amish...

2. Lol alright fair enough, guess i didn't think that one through enough

3. Nothing is impossible.  We live on a finite planet, we pretty much have two options as far as how we choose our planet's fate.  We can continue these tyrannical hierarchical governments dominance over man kind whilst profiting off the death and suffering of humans until the world is completely destroyed.  Or we can change our perception, create a love based society rather than a fear based society and attain world peace.

Money does not make our society function, we do.  If we were to consciously remove money from the system and continue working as society does today, the only difference is that we would let go of obsolete business structures and systems that profit off greed.  Including the federal reserve, which if you did not know is a private institution that can pretty much print limitless amounts of money.

This would leave a larger workforce that contributes directly towards humanity rather than dwindling their energy away for trivial things like banking and financial businesses.  Including the 4 trillion dollars our government steals from us each year.

We will attain world peace, it is part of destiny.  Though it is up to us if we attain it through a nuclear holocaust or through letting go of our selfish ways and creating a society of love.

Anarchy is the perfect balancing equilibrium that is nature.  People that disrespect other people's rights will be taken care of by the discretion of the community.  This is automatic incentive to respect each other, especially given that nearly 50% of households own a gun.  Anarchy is complete freedom, equality and with time, peace.  If you resort to allowing any person control over your liberty or livelihood, you are choosing your own fate.

The very meaning of a government is to control.  By it's very nature, it must use force and coercion to exist.  Why don't we grow up and control our selves and we will see there is no need for a oppressive violent group to exist for the sole purpose of dominance over our lives and freedom.

4. #44 -13 Amp-, Feb 4, 2014
    There isn't a huge need for it, but those groups WILL exist with or without a government...Anarchy doesn't mean peace....without laws then people will do as they want...and yes people will steal and murder without recourse because there is no law....

People want power and control, and if one person doesn't have it, another will try and get it...that's nature...

Wolf packs live and work together for the ultimate goal...but there IS a head Wolf...and he gets tested constantly until he is overthrown and a new lead wolf is in place, the cycle continues...

5. Are you really telling me you need a rule to exist for you to respect other people's lives and not steal and murder?  You can't just set your own moral code of treating people how you want to be treated?

Anyways, no laws does not mean no law of karma.

6. #46 -13 Amp-, Feb 4, 2014
    No, i'm saying with or without rules, people aren't gonna be peaceful as a whole...but rules help keep some people in line...treating other as you want to be treated, is a great idea...but doesn't work in reality because people are selfish and not everyone gets along...that's nature...You want people to make their own moral codes up...well what if mine is to take as much as I can? you have something, i'm gonna do my best to take it...someones own moral code leads to selfishness and egos, what I think is right is better than what YOU think is right...

Karma is a Hindu (eastern) idea of points with what you do...good points and bad points which tie into what you will be reincarnated as, a higher level or lower level....it is not "you reap what you sew" or "what goes around comes around"

So no Karma isn't law

The bottom line of it all is people are not created equal, so we cannot be equal, so there will be no peace...some people have disorders and cannot fend for themselves, some people are smarter than others, faster, smaller, larger etc...

People are leaders and followers, not everyone is made to be a leader, and not everyone is made to be a follower...People are not equal and we can't live as if we are...the cream rises to the top

You misunderstand the concept of Karma. The idea of reincarnation relies entirely on your level of consciousness at death, which is influence by your karma. Karma is simply the great balance of the universe. Every stone thrown in the pond makes ripples, no matter how small or big.

8. #48 -13 Amp-, Feb 4, 2014
    Karma is a Hindu idea and creation, the west has taken the word and bastardized it to mean "what goes around comes around" and that isn't the meaning...and no it isn't a balance in the universe...that's just a pipe dream people have to help themselves believe that the world and universe is "fair"...it isn't

*Sigh* I've studied the Vedas and the philosophical treatises of the Hindus. I've research Sikhism and Buddhism, both of which believe in the concept of karma and explain it in a very similar way. Karma is just about balance. It's about the idea of duality and the swinging of the pendulum on both sides of the pendulum. Enlightenment in all three of those religions is dictated by a stopping of that pendulum, as in, the erasing of all karma, whether positive or negative. Although enlightenment is bigger than that, there are several ways of reaching that state. That is why there are so many countless religious paths and forms of yoga. The idea is that karma is what creates desires and aversions within the psyche and exist on the plane of causality.

I don't know too much about the westernized concept of karma though.

Find a neighbor of yours that owns a gun.  Then practice your moral code of taking anything and everything.  You will soon end up dead.  Karma.

If that's asking too much, give a person twenty bucks.  See if it doesn't make their day better and thus their life.  See if it doesn't make you a little bit satisfied on the inside.  Karma.

11. #51 darklight99, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014

False thinking, false satisfaction.

12. Karma... your asking the world to think and act a like. In a realistic perspective, we don't think or act perfect... I just can't see Karma being the solution to solving our war on resources. When resources are depleted, you think Karma will keep us civil? Because I cannot erase our true nature from my mind... A man starving will do what it takes to feed his family, we are animals. Laws and Rules help us keep order, it's not perfect.

I can see your point with Karma, sharing and caring. When crisis hit, I'm sure people will look the other way. I would.

In a real world example: When a blackout hits for several months due to resource depletion, that means no fuel delivery to gas stations. No gas, no transportation. No transportation, no food to your local Wal-Mart. Those that farm, are the smart ones. Those that farm, will be targeted by hungry people. How will Karma solve this issue?

Have ever been to a third world country? I sure have. Try explaining to them about Karma when their stomach is growling.

IMO, I can only see science be our foundation to better ourselves. That it can be the solution to end hunger and move us forward.

13. And ur solution in the example was murder, you sure prove your peace point...peace is not possible with people (animals in general)...

And karma does not exist, no matter how much wishful thinking you do the world is not fair and equal...

14. It indeed is as simple as you put it.  Every stone thrown in the pond makes a ripple...  Life is simple people are making it more complicated. That guy is a naysayer

15. Debatelive.org

Bill Nye debates Ken Ham

If we reach a point where resources are depleted, we're doing it wrong.

Did you know growing cannabis (hemp) on 6% of the continental states would supply the entire country's energy demands?  All while leaving a negative carbon footprint.  Let us not forget the opportunity for biodegradable plastics and safe effective medicine cannabis offers us.

Did you know there is a large enough food supply to feed the 150% of the world population?  Hunger is caused by government sanctions and disparities of wealth that prevent populations from having food.

The solutions exist, there is simply just too much money to be made by the big oil, big pharma and the status quo that prefer to keep things exactly how they are now.  They are the reason cannabis is illegal after all.

If or when a blackout does occur, it would have been completely avoidable yet allowed to happen and society would function just fine if people didn't freak out.  People's fear is what drives our fear/greed based society.

If are you unaware, companies like monsanto are currently in the process of dominating the global food supply with their gmo and pharmaceutical laced foods that are known to be horrible for humans.  There is lots of money to be made off your suffering and demise.  Is this the science are you proposing?

Anyways, the miracle substance we've all been waiting for that would end hunger and sickness already exists.  It was discovered in 1943 and there's a picture of the solution to the left.  Though you are not allowed to use it, despite it being one of the least neurotoxic chemicals known to man.

My solution is not murder.  But that is exactly what many people would resort to if you disrespected their rights.

And oh, your solution is monopolized mass murder, imprisonment, torture and enslavement.

And karma does not exist, no matter how much wishful thinking you do the world is not fair and equal...

So you think you can walk on a beach and not move each particle of sand you touch to a new location thereafter?  You think you can kill people without that effecting the people around them and yourself?  Every action has a reaction.  If you are too high of yourself to feel it now, you will surely feel it when you die.

You basically just agreed with me. Your "Did you know" examples pointed out how "Man" truly thinks. That is the picture of the real world. In a real world sense, it all comes down to our true animal nature. Survival aka Darwinism. This is what I been trying to get across. It's in our nature, you cannot remove the need for survival. It will always linger in the back of ones mind. The world doesn't run on a Zen state of mind. To many variables come into play, religion being the biggest. You can't tell people to understand Karma. Many already know the phrase "What goes around comes around." In a realistic world, Do they care? Maybe, but they will always have the option to look away for their own needs in times of danger.

If a blackout occurs for several months, you stated "it would have been completely avoidable yet allowed to happen". You be false. I experienced Hurricane Katrina. You cannot avoid damages from a Hurricane. About 70% of everything from Louisiana to Mississippi was destroyed.

You stated "society would function just fine if people didn't freak out." Exactly... it's in our nature to survive. You cannot think Karma in times of danger. Darwinism comes into play when this crisis occurred.
    There was no way predict/avoid a hurricane like Katrina destroying cities and causing blackout, water shortage, food shortage for weeks. The government was having a hard time, not enough technology to move fast. People were killing each other for food and water, because there was none. There animal instinct to survive came out. They sure wasn't going to sit around and think karma to feed their kids.

If you take away money, greed still exist. It's one of the roots for survival.

Rebuttal Hurricane Katrina situation... or tsunamis and earthquakes. We cannot control everything, we can only learn to improve our situation through difficult times.

You stated "If are you unaware, companies like monsanto are currently in the process of dominating the global food supply with their gmo and pharmaceutical laced foods that are known to be horrible for humans.  There is lots of money to be made off your suffering and demise.  Is this the science are you proposing?" Simple Answer, No. 
    You're now trying turn science into a negative response with a vague statement that doesn't support how science can help us...
    I can easily say, will what is Karma doing for the human heart or cancer? But no, that is not the purpose we are trying to debate.

You have to understand Greed is part of survival.

My argument is that the WORLD needs to understand that SCIENCE and INNOVATION is Driving Force that can better our future. If we can get Future Minds to develop technology that can help aid us in our SURVIVAL. Science is not perfect, there will always be evil and good. Man is not perfect, there will always be evil and good. That is the real world, not hippie land.

Those that say, Karma thinking is that simple. Well... Karma already exist, yet what trumps in times of danger? I say Greed. Greed to survive.

18. No I really didn't.  The tyrannical oppressors that entitle their selves as our elite rulers do not represent man kind.  They represent a small faction of psychopaths that have successfully gained massive amounts of power over humanity through a monetary system.

Saying something can't be done is false.  Saying humans can't have love for each other is false.  Look at the hippie movement in the 60's.  Large burst of love into society.  Naturally, we reverted to our egotistic ways in the 80's and 90's and guess what's happening now?  Nature is self correcting yet again, the youth of this world are waking up and realizing just how corrupt the world has gotten.  This will be the 60's on steroids.

Sure, we will have to fight for our freedom en mass.  But we will not rest until we are truly free from all tyrannical and hierarchical order, for there is no point in living if you're not really living.

That is fine if greed exists without money.  At least people will not have a tool to quite literally buy out the will of others to perform their dirty work.  They will have to do it themselves.  At least we won't have less than 100 people owning as much as half of the world.  At least we will not motivate people to think with greed and enable parasitic entities such as governments and corporations to leach off humanity.

Again, if you choose to be greedy, you are choosing your own karma.  Steal from the wrong person, blam.  Try to impose your violent behavior on others, blam.  This is how we a society would naturally correct itself.

Please explain to me how you think having thousands of nuclear warheads and armies of millions can be used to provoke peace in any way.

This is what karma can do for cancer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-J7cnUV28Q

Chemotherapy kills more people than it saves.  The people in charge don't give a damn if you die and they certainly don't want to cure your cancer.  The longer they keep you alive and suffering, the more they can profit off you.  There is no money to be made if they cure your cancer.

And btw, cannabis oil has the capacity to cure cancer too.  But that's illegal.

Greed is fear.  Fear is not necessary to life, though love is.  I have lived without fear and it truly dissolves all limitations and previous constraints on your ability to truly live.  Are you truly living if you are living in fear?  Why fear death when it is inevitable?

Fear is a choice.  We can evolve past it.

19. We are not perfect beings, yet we try to be. I'll leave it at that. Good debate.

20. "The Worldly Hope men set their Hearts uponTurns Ashes - or it prospers; and anon,Like Snow upon the Desert's dusty Face,Lighting a little hour or two - is gone." Omar KayhaamAll this; power, birth and death is only transitory and fleeting. You cannot resolve these things because they are part of this earthly world, which is only one very small part of an infinitely big picture. If you look at time-lapse photography you gain an impression of how life on earth is relative to the universe, a lot of ants scurrying around."Man is a little germ that lives on an unimportant rock that revolves about an insignificant star at the outskirts of one of the smaller galaxies." Alan W. Watts