Think about it:

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by SagaciouSlug, Jan 25, 2014.

1. [quote name="darklight99" post="19459299" timestamp=".I believe if we had one united world government that believes in technology and science can have a chance to be more peaceful and fair.[/quote] technology and science is the way. This can take care of all problems such as food, transportation and energy. We have to start switching from money as the goal to science. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

If that happens, we would need an alternative driving force to improve mankind.

You can't just throw abundance at the world and think it will solve the worlds problems. The problems of this world are one of ideology.

I agree with you. Just enough to stop us from shooting each other.

5. #25 darklight99, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014

It would only help push us in a more reasonable path. Greed will always exist.

Not really. We actually could have had abundance on earth for a long time, it was defeated by ideology. Whether that ideology was one based on ego or greed, or perhaps even religion.

Human's are incredibly complex creatures my friend. Can you expound on this idea of a more reasonable path?

7. ahhh enough thinking, time to go blaze.

8. #28 greenterror, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014

Making an elite group of people supreme rulers over the planet would surely end in slavery and destruction.  It is impossible to attain world peace with the presence of a government, for governments cannot exist without the use of force and violence.

What do you mean?  Why do we have to only be motivated to do things for the sake of money?  Why can't we do things because it makes us feel good?

In a world without money, everybody would be in a race to contribute the most positive things for humanity, for those who do will reap the greatest awards of positivity and peace.

Yes you are right, our way of life is very complex. The way we think as well. With abundance, we wouldn't have war among our nations for resources. We would still have war for dominance.

With the path of science, I believe it will be the driving force that unite nations to do better. To help the world see that we must improve the way we think. It would help us understand each other more on a deeper level. It's not going to be perfect, we each have our own way of life. But it will help us see the bigger picture to improve how we think and move on a day to day basis. Leaving us to live for a purpose that everyone can agree upon. Which I believe is a better path than the one were on.

You can't just remove money and hope for the best. Hippie love does not work. Man will always want power and dominance. This is proven throughout history. Take it to back to the Aztec and Mayan era, they have war amongst each other. There was plenty of food and real estate then.
    In reality, guns and bullets is the next best thing to currency.  If we got rid of money. What's stopping someone from saying they want 10,000 acres of land and your not allowed to touch it?  What's stopping a man from sleeping with a hundred women and not caring for the new born? What stopping a man from thinking he wants to be a king with slaves? Sharing is caring ideology? Not going to work. Everyone has their own way of life, thinking and its complex.

You need a driving force/a goal such as science/technology to better our existence. It needs to be something mankind can understand. They don't have to agree to it, as long as they understand it's needed. It's not going to be perfect and never will be.

11. #31 greenterror, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    You are only speaking for yourself.  If one person can live without controlling the lives of others, then everyone can.

The stopping force behind violence, corruption and greed in an anarchic society is society itself.  We live in a day and age where you cannot simply run around and tell people what to do and steal from them without some form of repercussion.

Go ahead and try and steal from people, the weight of gold only holds you down.  Eventually you'll steal from the wrong person and end up dead.

If everyone stood up for their own freedom as well as the freedom of others, we would have a perfect equilibrium where people that tried to devoid people of their rights would be devoided of their life.

Granting a single party complete dominance over the world is no way to end man's dominance over others.

The driving force is karma.  Those that chose to do wrong to others will feel worse and worse until they either change their ways or meet their fate.  If everyone understood that doing unprecedented things for others brings you closer to inner peace, everyone would prefer to put their energy towards helping others with the reward of feeling happy and at peace with yourself.

People simply need to understand that there is no limit as to how much peace you can feel.  There is infinite energy to be tapped into and having felt this limitless energy in my life, I can attest that it is more valuable than any material item and is more powerful than the happiest time of your life, a hundred fold.

12. [quote name="pickledpie" post="19459347" timestamp="1391459331"]You can't just throw abundance at the world and think it will solve the worlds problems. The problems of this world are one of ideology.[/quote] it would stop the need for poor low class workers which in turn pushes more people towards worthwhile professions such as science, education, and health. A smarter population in my opinion will lead to less problems in today's world.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. I think that the goals are so simple people forget. What does everyone want and each religion tout but geee fuck we can't do? 

The driving force really has to be a whole change in understanding. It's remarkably ignorant to disregard the inevitable fact that there is other life in this universe. To keep looking for it and oh gee willikers never finding conclusive evidence. You don't need conclusive evidence look in the fucking sky lol. Beyond that... everyone needs a couple things, food, water, shelter, air, FREE WILL, prana, and smiles 90% of the time are good too.

We've become so unattached from our food sources its messed up, the way to go is big farming imo yes, but we need to become more involved in the mundane things in life. For example fuck school for a year and learn some shit on a farm hows that for gr 7? Lol obviously more thought must go into educating kids but change it up jeeeeeeeeeze.

Water, no doubt it breeds life. Shit should be free.

Shelter, well we're lucky bears, coyotes, and wolves aren't in most cities and towns. The least we could do is have beds for people under a roof at a reasonable temperature.

Free will. You can't really be free the way we're living. It's like putting an asterisk on the word...

One thing we really gotta do to...stop all this supporting troops thing. There was waaaayy to much troop lovin right before the super bowl. Violence should never be applauded. 

Indeed the system is fucked up. But how do you address every single freaking person and try and make them look aside from their religion/creed.

Science and technological advancements should also be the driving force as long as its all disclosed and open,so everyone has access to that information. 

14. This part is dynamite too. Look within. Even pain is sometimes a give/tool/warning/remedy...instead of repressing it all the time feel it. It's not always something physically wrong.

15. lmao, if only it was that simple for a driving force to be karma...... The world just needs to throw a weed party. Problem solved!

Indeed it is that simple.  If you truly think we can attain freedom or peace through violent tyrannical governments that siphon off the wealth and enslave the masses through a monetary system, you're sadly mistaken.

17. The root of all problems is not thinking for yourselves.  Because of you not thinking for yourself your reality is formed externally instead of internally.  Obviously many people on here do think for themselves and this comment isn't targeting anyone or trying to make you feel inferior.  

Being achievement oriented is also a big factor.  People are so obsessed with making money and doing things for the pleasure of being recognized.  You should do something because you love it not just because it makes money.  A lot of rich and 'successful' people use their wealth as a crutch and outlet for power.  And the media and your peers make it seem like such a bad thing to not be obsessed with money but instead more focused on the real problems of the WORLD and focused on self exploration and cleansing your mind of all the shit that people put to the side and bottle up.  Bottled up emotions are a big problem of this world.  We have a tendency to not deal with things until they're slapping us in the face.  It's not a bad thing to want to think about happiness, the health of the planet, and your well being rather than which celebrity is in the courtroom, 

'Success' is relative.  Successful in how? Money? Power? Control?  My definition of success is being completely at peace with your thoughts, putting yourself in other peoples shoes and meaning it in order to understand why people do the things they do, being HAPPY and doing something you LOVE because you LOVE it not because it makes money.  Success to me is happiness, not money.

It's not a bad thing to want to think about happiness, the health of the planet, and your well being rather than which celebrity is in the courtroom, controlling people with homosexuality when it's none of our business and will not affect us in any way, controlling the natural plants of this earth because they are 'BAD' and cause 'adverse psychological conditions'.

18. #38 -13 Amp-, Feb 4, 2014
    No it isn't that simple, a peaceful utopia has never existed in history, and yes it has been tried before...

Remove money, then items hold the power, you NEED things in life, and whoever has those things hold the power...and no not everyone can go out and grow and hunt for their own food, some people just aren't capable, even back before civilization people traded goods and services, thats money without money...

then if someone had something you wanted, there were people that went out and took those things...

People are not inherently good and peaceful...thieves have existed since day 1, same with murderers and liars...there will never be world peace because somebody somewhere will have something that someone else wants and will do whatever it takes to get it....

also pride and ego will prevail before peace....

also what about the power(electricity) for your homes? the power company is just gonna give that away for free now?...or do you honestly think people will go without power and running water? Or create their own power?

19. #39 ollie123453, Feb 4, 2014

I think that peaceful utopia's have and can exist, for example small communes or perhaps Amish people.

20. Humans are evil... Currency ties in nicely with our evil minds..Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app