Things You should NEVER smoke out of...

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by HydroGanic, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Titanium is on here because some people use it! I use a titanium dome-less nail to Vape Oils. Of a glass water pipe.

2. Ok, my bowl is a metal pen cap and the stem is a plastic pen, is that safe?

3. *old ass dude voice* Mesothelioma is a rare cancer caused by exposure to asbestos. If you or a loved one......

• Like Like x 2
  4. I don't hear any mention of alloy pipes. I'm looking at this one and the material is said it is made out of "Zinc alloy metal die casting"

[​IMG]

5. I was told to NEVER EVER smoke out of a pipe made exclusively from a deer antler! The heat apparently releases a toxic substance from it!

• Like Like x 1
  6. you might get metal fume fever. or in the case of that pipe "jazz hands" lol.

7. If it is not glass/ceramic and it changes to any really odd colors, like orange or yellow, or looses mass when heated, you probably shouldn't smoke out of it. Did paper for years, now just glass and my lungs are thanking me for it.

8. "If I wanna have Alzheimer's when I'm old, that's MY choice...MY preference..." lol good luck with that

9. i would like to add a post in comments. i did a search on google because i wanted to know if brass could be harmful to smoke out of because someone said to me the other day that brass is harmful to smoke out of, i had the impression it wasnt. i figured i should check so i did and came across this article
    being realistic about the toxicity of ceramics
    Being Realistic About Toxicity and Safety in Ceramics

on the website specifically called digitalfire.com

off the page on digitalfire.com i copied and pasted:

•The secret to cool bodies and glazes is a lot of testing.
    •The secret to know what to test is material and chemistry knowledge.
    •The secret to learning from testing is documentation.
    •The place to test, do the chemistry and document is an account at Insight-live - A Workspace for Ceramic Technicians
    •The place to get the knowledge is https://digitalfire.com

Sign-up at Insight-live - A Workspace for Ceramic Technicians today.

all of the information is useful in understanding the parts that this thread poster had uncertainty in specific

"Don't Know about these....

Titanium?
    Ok.. this one I don't know about. As far as I know Titanium is one of the lightest and most heat resistant materials commonly used in the space industry. I've seen a few items crafted with tta lately and I've been curious if anyone knows the toxicity or lack of for this metal?

Ceramics?
    Another highly heat resistant material that is also inert when made with no impurities. How likely is that" (end Quote)

and as far as i can tell is in line on the main part with almost every article i read on the subject so as to appear to be as accurate as possible in the reality of researching things for truthful information on the internet there by making it helpful to alot of people if they understood the potential risks of cermaics used in smoking devices.

food for thought