Things You Hate

Discussion in 'Movies' started by rollinjoints, Jan 8, 2013.

1. I hate the "I'm going to awkwardly fumble my way through every scene" comedies, as well as the "shit, fart, slap, tickle" comedies.

for example, Kristen Wiig in bridesmaids. absolutely could not stand that movie.

2. Parody movies like Epic Movie and Meet the Spartans.

3. They suck a lot. I only ever liked a couple Scary Movies, but as I watched them they became dumber and less funny so I stopped.

4. Yeah, the first two are kinda okay and the rest are shit. Spaceballs is probably the only parody movie I think was done great.

5. No love for Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Airplane or Naked Gun?

Mind you Leslie Nielson did make those last two a lot funnier than they could have been.

EDIT: Hotshots was decent.

6. Airplane's hilarious. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the others though. I'll give them a look one of these days.

7. Pre-Scary Movie parodies were pretty good. They have dumb humor as well but they parody so much better. They are more like love letters to the genre instead of just stupid jokes and rapidfire references.

Blazing Saddles is probably my favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upvZdVK913I

8. OP: Why do you hate apocalyptic movies?

They are no more cliche than many, many other movies, and there have been some good ones!

9, The Road, Zombieland, Wall-E, Children of Men, 28 Days later....all awesome movies.

Now, things I hate:

-Michael Bay
    -Disney making more Star Wars
    -The fact Twilight has made so much money
    -That blockbuster science-fiction movies = 2 hours of CGI nowadays (for the most part)
    -and many more

9. Comedies that people haves raved about over the past 10 years. Ted comes to mind. Recent comedies are just not enjoyable to me

10. When there's heaps of food in the fridge but none of them will hit the munchie spot. For me I prefer Nutella.

11. What about shaun of the dead for a parody?

that's one of my favorite movies

12. It's a great movie but it's not a parody in the same vein we are talking about with all the slapstick and whatnot. Shaun of the Dead, and Hot Fuzz are parodies that are so good you could almost mistake them for the type of movie they are parodying. I mean Shaun of the Dead is a good zombie movie and Hot Fuzz is a good buddy cop movie.

13. imo, that IS what makes a good parody... not what disqualifies it from being a parody.

They were arguing that they didn't like parodies so I threw in my $.02