Things that would remain the same for Aliens on other planets

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Private Stalk, Feb 13, 2014.

I do not think you understand how science works

2. #22 Private Stalk, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
    it's funny how everyone uses our "small human minds" to assume we would be enslaved by an alien race.  Like somehow more intelligent somehow = more arrogance, evil, etc...

I think it's the opposite, the more intelligent, the more likely you don't use emotion (assuming they would have any) to make decisions.  We kill/dominate things we do not understand.  It's out of fear (an emotion) and I do not believe we would strike that same fear in an alien race that had the development to travel to Earth.

And if gravity is a constant, then how would that impact their development?  Would they walk on two legs? Just think about your physique, we don't actually have the neck flexibility to "fly" like "superman"... Try it, lay flat on ground and look straight ahead and I bet about 20 mins into it your neck is killing you.

Also I took astronomy as a teen and watched the Cosmos with Carl Sagan as well, and don't believe intelligent life can form in harsh environments like sulfur rich environments.  Not to say fungi, or plant like life forms are not possible in these places but part of evolution means your body evolving to make use of it's environment ie:  if your planet had no light you would likely not have good eyesight if any (look at bats or deep sea creatures).  So how would sulfur in the air be used by any type of body?  distributed by a bloodstream? It would somehow keep muscle tissue good????  I mean how some body gonna process sulfur??? And would their farts smell like oxygen?

I am of the believe that plants would evolve before creatures.  Plants need water, oxygen and light.  I think planets that have these items will have plants/insects as well.  Without these you will not have plants as we know them.  Would be something else.  But we have sulfur rich planets right close to home to study and nothing there.

Also as far as undiscovered elements, while their may be as the universe is huge and to say there is not would be ignorant, but not likely is what I will say.  Our planet didn't evolve from cell division my friend.  Earth is made of up all the things in the universe and has been pelted with comets for centuries.  Elements that are abundant are ones we find a lot of at those comet sites.  Any element that would be in large supply would have been discovered here I do believe.  Once again, just my beliefs.

3. this

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

While the gravitational constant is always the same, wouldnt gravity affect the development of life differently on each planet

5. I'm gonna bet that they have taxes, can't get along and constantly bitch at each other. If they are lucky some of them have found a harmless plant to smoke that eases the grief other motherfucking aliens put them through.

6. It definitely would. Different gravities from more massive planets or smaller planets could radically change life.

Like they might look like us....but have really huge ground dragging balls because the connective tissue doesn't have muscle to pull them up from gravity? LOL.

8. Lol the more evolved "models" will have a super rough ball sack that can be raised off the ground via a huge muscle

Maybe thats what penis' were first used for... to get a boner and scoop your balls off the ground.

9. As hilarious as those jokes are it does bring up an interesting question. Do you think aliens reproduce similar to creatures on earth?

Also being a species that evolved would mean ignorance could possibly have have way to religion. Would aliens have religion? Or have abandoned religion, or was it never created by them.

10. I don't think anything has to remain the same for another life form.

11. Math. And science. Shit won't matter who doing it from what planet. 2+2 always gonna equal 4 and the limitations of physics will also be the same. And if they can understand any of those things, in that case, their brains work similarly to ours then. :p