Things that will help you get further in life.

Discussion in 'General' started by reeelax, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Language is key. Add to the list, it is not limited to the english language.
    We're all in it together, help a brother out.

People finish, food is done.

You're not done, you're finished.

You're not pro-abortion, you're pro-choice.

Accept is to receive
    Except is but

You're accused with a crime, not accused of a crime.

A bill is passed.
    A law is enacted.

An atheist is pro-evolution. He/she professes the fact that there is no after-life.
    Agnostic means you're not sure what happens after you die. You don't worry about it, and you don't care.

Alcoholics can't say "I used to be".
    They still are, either they are recovered or reformed.

Among: 3 or more people
    Between <2

Anyone can be an Attorney. (sign the back of a check, you're an attorney.)

It'a backward, not backwards.

Ending a business letter?

DON'T DO: If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.
    Nonononono. This is the lamest possible thing you could say at the end of your resume/interview.

DO DO: I hope I have the opportunity to discuss your needs and my capabilities to fulfill them.

Language matters, can you add to the list?
    Sorry if this is a C- status post. Frankly, it's important to know. You wouldn't get hired if you said you're done in front of a few bosses that i've spoken with. Little things like this can get you some serious reputation in a business world.

Anyone got anything else to add? It doesn't have to stay limited to language.

2. I like this. :)

3. If someone offers you a line of cinnamon, don't snort it. They may be trying to get you with basil poisoning.

4. Don't slam your dick in the refrigerator door.

5. Have determination in everything you do, but know when to cut your losses and GTFO!

6. #6 weedobandito, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2010
    no I'm pretty sure you're accused OF committing a crime not with

or do you mean accused as a noun?

7. Go on 4chan and build up your tolerance to gross things.

8. Never cook bacon naked.

9. Fixed ;)

10. Lie, cheat, steal, kill.

Oh, and vitamins.

11. Make eye contact when talking to people. I had a general contractor pick my flooring company for his new development cause he said I was the only guy who squeezed his hand when I shook it, and looked him in the eye till he looked away. It may seem odd. But some people can tell a lot by it. And that put me miles ahead in life.

12. I'm a student of rhetoric, and OP is quite correct. In fact, he couldn't be more right.

Language is nothing but a set of complex symbols. I could seriously go on for awhile, but I'm far too high right now.

How you pick and choose your words definitely plays a part in your life, and I agree with this thread title.

13. we all die alone :)

14. hahaha! Half your guy's posts made me:laughing:

Horse, it's cool you're taking rhetoric man. I've taken a few classes, (basic rhetoric ha)

My business communications teacher keeps speaking about the importance of language though. He's a 62 year old man, and could probably relate to many old school members on this forum. Lived through 1969, and did plenty O' drugs. He's been sober for twenty five years, but states he craves alcohol and cigarettes daily. Thus you can't be cured, only reformed. This professor has taught me more in three weeks compared to my three years of college. He's and old school stoner. ---- Some people get it, and some people don't. He gets it. I'm sure some of you do also, I like the open minded. Every class begins with a statement of how 9/11 was an inside job. I wish you guys could join me. It's one of the only classes i've ever looked forward to, that didn't consist of bowling or recreational shooting. :p:smoke:

15. No, I'm pro-abortion.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCNdXE1UMLk]YouTube - The Whitest Kids You Know-Boner Song[/ame]

16. Don't ever fuck a fat chick, that is unless you like that sort of thing

smoke weed everyday

don't give a FUCK! (this goes with smoke weed everyday)

never EVER buy a chimp that knows martial arts

try and uppercut a nemesis and or evil do-er into either a pit of spikes or a vat of acid and make sure to say fatality at the end unless it doesn't count

Well, I think I pretty much covered the basics