Things that annoy you in movies?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Luvs2splooj, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Really don't like the hot scene or songs in the movies.

2. The list is too long..I'm a movie snob I'll admit

<div>

I'm not totally against it, but I usually can do without it.  I find it OK if it's not too intrusive to the plot.  A good example is the original Star Wars movies, the romance exists and is almost non-existent at the same time.  That's almost G-rated romance, it doesn't have to be THAT tame.  And romance works in certain films (I mean, you kind of NEED it in The Princess Bride or something like that), but other times I don't want it.  Like I don't need Uhura and Spock making bedroom eyes at each other across the bridge of the Enterprise.  While watching the second Bourne movie I almost stood up and cheered in the theater when ***SPOILERS** his girlfriend got killed. END SPOILERS***.  

I like a few of the older zombie movies.  Dawn Of The Dead as you mentioned, and the other two movies in the original trilogy (before Romero continued it) Night Of The Living Dead and Day Of The Dead.  I liked Dan O'Bannon's 80's zombie flick Return Of The Living Dead.  Shaun Of The Dead was pretty funny.  But recently it became a huge fad, like vampires were several years back, and I'm kind of getting tired of them.  I stopped watching The Walking Dead a couple of seasons back.  But I still like those old movies.
    </div> 

I personally like a lot of old 80's/90's action movies, and the James Bond movies.  Action doesn't bother me much, even when it's stupid (because I'm suspending a lot of disbelief already), but I don't want it to be non-stop action that just goes on forever and has no plot.  I've never really been that wowed by the action.  I've just considered it something necessary in an action movie, obviously, ones that I've usually liked more because of the characters as opposed to the number of explosions.  What I personally dislike is this modern need for completely realistic fighting.  I find the long hand to hand combat scenes like in the Bourne movies and Quantum of Solace to be kind of boring.  Back in the day they'd just use a little Kirk-Fu on them, Sean Connery would throw a hip check or karate chop, and that was that, on with the movie.  Now it's 5 minutes of guys using various objects as weapons and smashing through at least 3 doors before we can get back to whatever was going on.  But these days all the fighting has to be perfectly choreographed, and if you don't hire a Green Beret to come on the set and teach your actors how to hold their finger near the safety just the right way the internet has a shit fit.  

</div>

4. headaches when your waking up

5. #166 HugeEgo, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2015
    When a male attempts to rape a female,

I always cringe and groan because YOU KNOW the women wont get raped, So what's the point ? little things like that remind me im watching a movie, and it's all fake,

It especially annoys me in movies like wolf creek.... you're making a movie about a serial killer in the Australian outback who abducts and rape's women, yet not only do you not have a rape scene most of the movie features the women escaping and running away......really !? Don't get me wrong I still rate the movie highly I just thought they made it a bit ''safe'' for such a dark subject matter,

I can't think of a better example then the rape one but you see simular crap like this all the time in T.v/Movies, copied and pasted crap.... be original ffs, take risks !

I just thought of another example, The hero's always winning, I get the logic behind it but It would make movies more dramatic if the villians won every now and then, Don't make them ''bad boys'' either, make them really unlikable/ downright hateable so the audience is pissed that their hero lost,

6. unnecessary CGI
    when the younger version of a character doesn't look even remotely like the older one
    when someone goes ahead by themselves because...whats the worst that could happen?!
    too many shots fired for the gun being used/ not changing out the magazines ever

7. When There's all these motha fuckin snakes on this motha fuckin plane. And when Denzel Washington is not in the movie.

8. narrators who aren't Morgan Freeman. 

9. In action movies when bullets flying everywere and nobody gets hit lol.

10. I pay out the ass to watch a movie and some inconsiderate dick keeps kicking the back of my chair or won't shut up throughout the movie.

11. Oh man, this a good one. They'll have a ten minute gunfight (also super realistic :rolleyes:) and reload maybe once. Yeah, take a standard semiautomatic pistol to a range and fire all 10-17 rounds in succession, it should take about two or three seconds, maybe four or five. You won't be very accurate shooting fast like they do in the movies, but you'll burn up your ammo in no time flat.

And the antagonists pretty much always go down immediately with one shot!

I think I've already bitched about all the unnecessary explosions when objects are hit with bullets or cars in this thread, so I'll shut up :laughing:

12. Sex Scenes are ever too predictable. When the movie starts and the show the girl/guy I know they will be fucking, it's not a question of if their going to fuck, it's when? I hate when the plot line is predictable, 

13. Dialogue that no one in real life would ever say. It is rampant in Oscar bait films. Which annoys the piss out of me.

14. Well this is not in movies but in TV shows I hate the laugh machine where people laugh and clap I mean gosh just stfu lol.

15. Tired of seeing the same fucking 9 people in every movie.

Im tired of seth rogan.  

16. Many things.
    But I try to ignore this shit so I can enjoy rhe movie.

17. When I see camerman...hahahahah..I saw that in few movies and it really pisses me of me...[​IMG] :)

18. Children in apocalypse movies like War of the Worlds. Tom Cuise had some stupid kids that would just run off and lacked common sense. It's no surprise that they are always being captured, if i was the dad i wouldn't bother bringing them back! 

Do all American school kids look around 25 [​IMG] ? I used to watch the movies and wonder if you had steroids in the water or something, haha. When you check the cast, it tends to be people in their 30's playing 18 year olds.

Scottish accents are often used by characters such as Dwarves and trolls.. It's not the most complimenting of creatures, lol. Ever heard the Welsh accent? It's much funnier... 

Shakey hand cam. Screw you, Paranormal Activity! 

19. When a killer walks slowly after their victim, while the victim frantically runs away. If they really wanted to kill the person they would run.

Excessive amounts of product placement in a film. Driving a GM car and drinking a Starbucks while the camera angle neatly allows for the viewing of nearby McDonald's and KFC stores. It distracts from the plot of the movie, and it also suggests the film makers seem more intent on making a quick buck than making a quality film.

Stereotypes of middle eastern people (especially in American films). Arabs are too often portrayed as lunatics intent on causing harm and destruction to the west. I've known many Arabs in real life who are nothing like this.