Things are getting interesting with my Auto.. starting to sugar up...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Hamjack, Aug 24, 2017.

1. 7 weeks old and just starting to stretch. Bonza Auto Girl Scout Cookies. All organic. Sugar and swollen calyxes!! IMG_3563.JPG IMG_3569.JPG IMG_3565.JPG IMG_3568.JPG IMG_3566.JPG IMG_3564.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Beautiful plants! But, are they supposed to sugar up?

3. #3 Hamjack, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    Yes, those tiny white appendages on the leaves are Trichomes (trichs for short). Those are little glands that produce THC and the other cannabanoids. As the plant matures they go from clear, to cloudy to amber. Harvesting is determined by the % of cloudy to amber. The large white growths are the pistils. Pistils reach out in search of pollen so the plant can produce seeds and reproduce. From a previous grow: IMG_3371.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. I understand. But I've never had plants with little "dots"/small appendendi all over the leaves that makes the plant's appearance kinda like a starfish. Or is it the lighting that's bringing out those things?

5. Those white dots are the trichomes, which are the cannabinoid producing glands. Here's a close up picture of them, and a close up of the pistils. tri.jpg pistils.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. IMG_3570.JPG

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Yes, I don't mean to be hardheaded, but I thought the trichomes were part of the actual bud. These little dots appear to be on the leaves.

8. When you have a nice grow you get tiny white dots on your sugar leaves. Very nice Ham! I'm growing a caramleicous auto right now

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. This Girl Scout Cookies plant smells absolutely delicious. Kind of a lemon and cream scent. Lots of resin already.

10. No problemo muchacho. It's why I freeze all my sugar leaves when I trim my buds. Loaded with THC and CBD.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Oh I'm also growing a cookie, but mine isn't an auto, running on photoperiod outside. Can't wait till mine looks like yours!

PK's roof-top organic grow

12. We're just over 7 weeks since planting. This is my first auto, so I have no idea what to expect. Right now the colas are beginning to stack and it is really sugaring up. With my photoperiods I'm still vegging at this age. IMG_3574.JPG IMG_3575.JPG IMG_3576.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. Light is beginning to fade fast up here in New England and we have a bunch of 40F nights forecast over the next week. I think I'm going to dose this with insecticidal soap in the next couple of days and throw it into my big grow tent and whack it with light 20/4 or 18/6 until it finishes.

14. Fastbuds gsc about 65 days from seed one of my favorites

• Like Like x 1
  15. I'm not expecting a big yield out of this plant but it's really healthy looking and I think with better light it might produce at least one zip bag.

16. I'm also in New England. My auto is in direct sunshine for 8 hours, the brought in under a LED for about 13 hours. My photo period seems to be loving this cold weather tho

• Like Like x 1
  17. I'm growing on my back deck and the sun is dropping below the tree line earlier and earlier.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Similar here, I'm growing on a flat roof in the back of my house. I'm in a dense city tho, the neighbors houses shade my plants more then the trees do, but I'm fairly lucky as I have a south facing roof

• Like Like x 1
  19. I broke down and moved the plants into my big tent and 18 hours of led light per day. This has been the "summer that wasn't" in Massachusetts. Lots of clouds/rain, cool/cold nights. My two autos will be 2 months old in early September and I want to give them the best chance to finish strong possible.

• Like Like x 1