Thieves

Discussion in 'General' started by Agalloch, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. People have taken things that don't belong to them since the beginning of time. Some steal for need, some for want, some for thrill... but whatever the reason, does it justify it? I am a very easy person to get along with, I don't like to fight or cause conflict, but some things really set a fire in my belly and stealing is one of them. I'm not going to kill someone if they take my last beer or steal a new CD from the store or something, but people who steal your money, your belongings, steal from your friends or family, ect... they just piss me off and make me sick to my stomach.

However I know people who think stealing is nothing, and try to justify it by comparing it to other crimes or by blaming the person who gets robbed. I think that's insane.

So GC I ask what your opinion is on stealing and those who steal. Have any personal experiences with it? Let's be civil.

2. I shoplift.

3. dude i cant tell you how many times ive been stolen from, whether it was discrete or straight up "im gonna shoot you if you dont give me your money"

but seriousy ive lost like thousands of dollars throughout the course of my life and not once have i retalitated by stealing anything in my life.

i figure karma will help me out sometime, hasnt happened yet though

4. #4 Agalloch, May 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2009
    I'm mainly talking about people who steal from people, not stores or downloading music.

I mean I wouldn't steal from a store, but I download music.

It's not the same as taking $100 out of somebody's wallet just because they've got their back turned.

That's fucked up man. I'm generally called paranoid by my friends because of how close an eye I keep on my belongings. I don't let people walk around my house, even people I trust. I've seen my grandparents and parents work so hard for their shit, and even I have worked hard for what little I have, and for somebody to try and steal a piece of it is like a mortal sin in my eyes lol.

5. I got busted for shoplifting when I was 18 at Walmart, but have never stolen from personal homes. Still bad but you get my drift...my cousin steals from his own mother, that shit is just wrong, different level...

6. I'm not saying I approve of shoplifting or anything, I still think it's pretty lame, but when you steal from an individual it's just fucked up.

My best friend is a thief like that and it's hard to deal with it. He went from someone I completely trust to someone and wouldn't trust for anything.

7. I steal, I've been stole from.

Just the way I live.

8. Why do you choose to live that way? It's like an endless cycle of bad karma man. You make your own choices, you don't do shit because of anything anyone else does. The fact that people steal from you doesn't mean you should go steal.

If you've got internet access, and considering how long you've been a member here, it hardly seems like you're hurtin so bad for money you need to rob people.

9. ITT: internet tough guys :)

10. Yeah, I got fucking robbed tonight for 500 This guys doing something about it But if not all I can do is step back up

11. So explain to me the difference between downloading alot of music, and stealing money out of someones wallet because their back is turned?

Either way stealing is fucking stealing, you cant say one form of stealing is better than another, or one form of stealing you hate and another one you partake in. If you download music but hate thieves your a damn hypocrit.

12. To be honest with ya, i havent stole anything for about a year, my charges were from a year ago.

but some times you gotta do what you gotta do...

uhmm.. sure?

13. #13 Agalloch, May 2, 2009
    Everyone is hypocritical about one thing or another. You can't justify stealing $100 out of someones wallet by comparing it to downloading a song off the internet.

As I said if you're typing away on the internet regularly you're obviously not hurtin for cash, not bad enough to have to steal.

You think it's some sort of lifestyle? You listen to rap and just want to act out the lyrics or something?

14. So sharing music is stealing? I mean who the hell cares if the record company that is whoring the artist to the public for personal gain doesn't get its 99 cents for a song. If the artist cares about what they do they can make their money touring and through merch, like the old days. T__T

15. Haha, well if someone is walking around with like 100 bucks in his pocket, well he's just sharing the wealth, it's not thieving at all you know, just borrowing.

Dont try to justify your actions by saying "Well what im stealing matters so little to him its no biggy" Theft is theft. I download music i dont give a fuck, but i recognize the fact that it IS theft.

16. "However I know people who think stealing is nothing, and try to justify it by comparing it to other crimes or by blaming the person who gets robbed. I think that's insane."

Take your own damn advice and dont try to justify your theft by comparing it to other crimes.

17. I don't consider it theft at all though. I mean its just a happy exchange of copies. Like when people used to tape off the radio. Or record a TV show. This way everyone gets to enjoy it. Its like public domain on a mass scale.

18. #18 Agalloch, May 2, 2009
    I never said downloading music wasn't a form of theft. I'm defining the emotional differences between it. Who gets hurt when I download a song? I know for a fact me downloading music isn't hurtin anybody on a personal level. I'm not putting any musicians on the street, and neither is anyone else who downloads music off the internet. However when you steal from friends, family, neighbors, ect... it's on an individual level. A personal level. You're hurtin somebody's financial situation, makin them feel unsafe and violated.

How is that he same as downloading a song?

I'm not trying to justify me downloading music. I'm trying to make you see the difference between downloading music and robbing your mom.

19. Yeah... Well... Fuck the RIAA!

But seriously you must work for a record company or else your just talking out your ass.

20. Take what you want. Material goods dont mean shit.
    I just feel good that I am helping out someone in need.
    There is the exception that if you touch my road bike, I will slice your face off with a rusty, HIV positive razor blade, and pour salt in your wounds, while pissing in your ear as you scream for mercy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.