Thick glass bong suggestions

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ChiCity420, Apr 21, 2012.

1. I'm looking to get a thick ass glass bong. My bud has a royalty but idk where to find one.

I want something really thick and durable. Preferably one that can survive accidents in case they occur. Suggestions?

2. i never understood buying name brand bongs i always buy mine from local artists end up with some really cool looking pieces that are also well made

Edit: totally forgot to answer question but dude just walk into a head shop and look at the glass they got the thicker it is the better but ya man local artist will some times even custom make stuff for you like my pipe Lizzie the red is custom made

3. I bought a 14" HVY 9mm straight tube last year and an Alex K downstem with it. It absolutely rips, and is easily my most used piece, despite having many much more expensive tubes.

It is the only bong I have ever owned that has absolutely perfect ice-pinches, and the only flaw on it is 2 tiny bubbles on the base of it. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

4. [quote name='"randompan"']i never understood buying name brand bongs i always buy mine from local artists end up with some really cool looking pieces that are also well made

Edit: totally forgot to answer question but dude just walk into a head shop and look at the glass they got the thicker it is the better but ya man local artist will some times even custom make stuff for you like my pipe Lizzie the red is custom made[/quote]

I need to go to Ann Arbor for the best local product. Chicago doesn't offer that much.

I'm from Ann Arbor and I have an arsenal of locally made pieces. I wish I could say the same about my new locality!

My bro's is 11mm thick. I need something like that.

5. [quote name='"ignila"']I bought a 14" HVY 9mm straight tube last year and an Alex K downstem with it. It absolutely rips, and is easily my most used piece, despite having many much more expensive tubes.

It is the only bong I have ever owned that has absolutely perfect ice-pinches, and the only flaw on it is 2 tiny bubbles on the base of it. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.[/quote]

Damn. Just looked at that. Not sure if it is the same but looks pretty badass.

http://*******************.com/scientific-glass/hvy-glass-9-mm-4-arm-straight-tube.html

6. #8 ignila, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2012
    yeah it edits the link out on this forum haha, but you are probably looking at the same tube. I got it to use with my vape and ended up using it for everything because I liked it so much.

I bought it from the same site. It is definitely a sturdy piece. You could crack an intruder over the head with it and take celebratory home defense bong rips out of it right after haha.

[​IMG]

7. [quote name='"ignila"']

yeah it edits the link out on this forum haha, but you are probably looking at the same tube. I got it to use with my vape and ended up using it for everything because I liked it so much.

I bought it from the same site. It is definitely a sturdy piece. You could crack an intruder over the head with it and take celebratory home defense bong rips out of it right after haha.[/quote]

Good because my bf needs a handicapped bong lol. The pic in my avatar is my glycerin piece that he has broke twice. Luckily I found a glass blower to fix it.

I'm surprising him with the one you suggested possibly.

8. There is also a 7mm MGW straight tube on the same site. I have one 9mm and one 7mm tube and they are both crazy heavy, thick pieces. The MGW is 2" taller than my HVY as well if you are looking to get something taller.

He will definitely be stoked if you get him that tube. Thick straight tubes are classy looking pieces.