theyve died

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by taylor3205, May 12, 2007.

1. I initially planted 4, 3 sprouted. They all have had same amount of light water etc. I go to look at them this afternoon and 2 of them were lying flat and withered up dead. What did I do wrong? And why did only two die?

The only thing I can think of is I had them out of the cabinet for a few hours on the windowsill when I put the mylar in. And they started growing towards the window (light) in the few hours they were there, well two of em did. Thats only thing I can think of.

There about 3 inches big. Should I have left them in the propagation tray where it was very humid for longer?

Maybe I didnt water them enough, the soil was rather dry, but the other plant was ok and they had all same amount of water.

The soil seems to dry pretty quickly too, like overnight.

The temperature and everything is ok.

What did I do wrong?

2. umm ya off topic but I know a taylor and the last 4 digits of his phone number are 3205

umm do I know you?

3. lol nope

4. well i can't really tell you exactly what u did wrong but if they were stretching they got to tall and fell over. Also was there any air flow in the cab because the movement of the plant from a fan mimics wind which helps the stem strengthen so thing like this don't happen. Shitty luck hope it goes better next time around. Good luck!

5. Could you give a little more info? like how often were you watering them?

I wouldnt think a few hours in the sun would kill them.

6. I had a similar experience using a humidity dome for seedlings before. Don't do it. Once you take the hood off, they lose moisture faster than they're taking it in and droop. It not well taken care of after this, they can easily die.