They say..

Discussion in 'General' started by CyclicDreams, Nov 22, 2011.

1. #21 Solipsist NPC, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2011

I think your getting a bit to confused there, agnostics don't believe in any god. They believe in the possibility of one, or in other words, the fact that humans can't know whether or not deity's exist.

Let me repeat myself. Agnostics do not believe in any form of a god(s).

2. I think we are a mere accident/existence of evolution. What the hell happens after that, be my guest. We kill each other because of different beliefs, kill our own planet because we over-indulge in resources, we treats humans/animals like shit...etc. Pretty messed up if you think about it.

3. Wouldn't that be atheist?! So what do agnostics believe in, because the term agnostic means if deities (a god or gods) exist, it is beyond our capability to know or prove.

An agnostic says there's no way for them to know.
    An atheist says no deities exist.
    A theist says at least one deity exists.

Do some research before you say an agnostic does not believe in any form of a god.

An atheist says there is not any form of a god. An agnostic says there COULD be a form of a god, but nobody knows. Agnostic is the middle of a theist view and an atheist view. If you soley believe in no god, you're not agnostic...you're atheist. If you believe there could be a god but have no idea if there really is, you're agnostic.

How do you believe there is no form of a god(s), yet say you're agnostic? That doesn't make any sense.

4. I'm a nihilist...Humanity has been all of worthless since the late 60's when we ventured into space, we have not, and I'm pretty sure will not...Ever make another bound for the better of humanity again.

I'm negating my shades on this one so that the seriousness of what I'm implying can be better understood.

5. You're saying we've never been to space?! Or seen an outer existence of our universe??

6. Can someone here explain how the pyramids were made?

7. I'm saying when we ventured into space it was the last time we did anything for humanity as a whole...We are negating our own species, we are killing ourselves off, and unless we vastly turn our way of thinking around to create a better world for future generations...We are useless.

Religion plays a large factor in what we as a society have allowed to occur to our current and next generation of offspring, we created a wave of panic around myths and legends. And in the end, similiar to what Bill Maher remarked in "Religulous"...Religion will be our end.

8. #28 Solipsist NPC, Nov 22, 2011
    Really, you completely shit all over agnosticism. You didn't even know what it means until a couple of minutes ago. And yet you're telling me to do some research about it?

A agnostic doesn't believe in any form of a god(s). What isn't making sense? They believe humans do not have the ability to know whether or not deity's exist.

Its the belief that humans can't rationally justify claiming deity's exist, or claiming they don't exist.

Believing in the inability to know something, is not the same as believing in something. I think your mistaking agnostics for agnostic theists. Which are MUCH different.

9. Slaves. Welcome to earth.

10. I completely agree with you.

You may not like John Lennon, but you should still check out his lyrics to this song:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xB4dbdNSXY]John Lennon - Imagine - YouTube[/ame]

Imagine there's no Heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
    I wonder if you can
    No need for greed or hunger
    A brotherhood of man
    Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will live as one

11. I get confused with agnosticism and atheism. I don't believe in religious god(s). But I do believe there might be interesting organisms or conscious entities out there.

If there was any sort of 'god' type interaction, isn't that considered extra terrestrial? What if that goofy hair guy is somewhat correct? Better than any story I've read.

12. #32 CyclicDreams, Nov 22, 2011
    A couple minutes ago? I grew up the majority of my life being a true believing Christian. I gradually got into science and philosophy and was agnostic for a while (in the sense of believing there had to be a higher being, but I wasn't sure what god or if there was even a god). Now, I would consider myself atheist; I hate that the term atheist has some a bad meaning to it as if we're heathens or scum of the earth. I just think if you're agnostic, what's the point though? I think it ignorant and oblivious to a religion to think that if being agnostic even means anything; you're either pregnant or not...just as, you're either whole-heartedly believers of a religion or not. You either believe it or you don't. I believe I've made the best of my life choosing and believing that the only true happiness I could ever have will only come from me creating it. Whatever that is in life, so be it..whatever your passion or desire be. If you choose to sit around waiting on an after life paradise, I think you're gonna run out of time and wasting everything that's actually in front of you.

13. Did you actually just mix up aliens and non-physical entities?

[​IMG]

14. Regarding the print I put in bold, that means you're a agnostic theist, not a agnostic.

Believing theres no possibility of a god/deity is a whole other thing, called atheism.

And whats with the bad analogies? "Your either pregnant or your not", or "you're either whole-heartedly believers of a religion or not."

I hate to repeat myself so many times, but agnostics don't believe in any religion, they don't believe in any form of gods/deity's. They believe that humans are incapable of knowing whether or not gods'deity's exist.

15. Obviously you need to read the line of what I said afterward..."NOW I would consider myself atheist"

Seriously though, who gives a shit about all this. I think we have a closer philosophy of life than we think we do..This is GC afterall. How's it going bro?

16. I feel better then I normally do, I guess.

17. WTF is this CyclicDreams guy talking about?

18. They say "What's happenin'?"
    We say the facts and if, they lie...
    We comin' back for them
    They might say... but they don't know!
    (They say, They say...)
    They don't knowwwww

They say a ***** lost his mind
    But in the scheme of things I never lost a rhyme
    The thin line between love and hatred
    I'm the black pill in the Matrix, the saturated life
    They say life is what you make it
    So I wait quick on a spaceship so I can take it
    As high as the stakes get when paper get low
    I be tellin Derick, "Tell Kara get us a show"
    Little Com, I make righteous bitches get low
    The richest man aint necessarily the ***** wit dough
    They say "You ripped" "Wow..." Yea, that's what they say
    My *****z couldn't tell it was me, like Jamie in Ray
    Paintin a day, wit focused crime, broads, and good wine
    They say "Dope is sour so it's homework and hood crimes"
    I stood mine, for forever and a day so goodbye
    They never could say - tell 'em, J

19. I'm an existentialist. So I believe what I have experienced and have had the proof to believe.

I have personally experienced the existence of our souls and consciousness being a separate entity from our physical bodies, binded to each other by our brain.

But I can't prove what I feel I 'know' to someone who has not experienced what I have. Because there are no ways of scientifically proving it. I will always go with what proves itself to me. If Jesus decides to come to my doorstep, then I will believe in him. If I someday reach nirvana, then I will believe in that. But I currently believe that our souls are multidimensional machines that are ageless and have been around since before physical existence, and will continue afterwards.

I think religion is corrupt, but spirituality is in a whole different ball park. A park I love to play and experiment in. ;D

My two cents.

20. I don't really want to get involved in this conversation so...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IXCK1EyP4s]Shia LaBeouf in "No No No NOo" video - YouTube[/ame]