They found the higgs boson.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GoneWithTheSmok, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i dont know how many of you guys understand this but its basicly like the most important thing ever at all, like the key to understanding the universe an shit. btw im not trying to brag intelligence im not a quantum physist and only barely grasp the theory. its supposed to explain why elementary particles gain mass and turn into "stuff" instead of zipping around at the speed of light. its why anything "exists" i think it also can explain why the universe is growing, what might happen to the universe in the future, why there is more matter than anti-matter in the universe, and why negative matter and anti-matter are constantly being created.

2. I never knew this yesterday.

3. they discovered it yesterday, before it was just a theory. and the 4th of july of all days.

4. yeah I heard about this to yesterday. It's cool that they found it.

5. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. So it's all vibrations? the reason why particles can never stay still and they're always attaching themselves to things to create objects including us? Cosmic energy stuff.

7. i feel proud to be human, though i bet aliens be lookin at as like "bitch we found dat shit like a bakillion trillion eons ago"

8. *facepalm* lol imma dumbass

9. Thanks for the new signature my friend haha.

10. lol your welcome

11. That's funny I was just talking about just wait till they find out about parallel universes with the LHC..hmm wonder what timeline I'm gonna pick to live in lol

12. do you mean talking about? cuz to tell the truth i dont either

13. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmzwuYj5w1U]Stephen Hawking on Higgs Discovery has lost me $100 - YouTube[/ame]

14. They actually found it?

And step one of humanities ascension is complete. Next, intra-dimensional travel.

15. I was reading they might be able to send some kind of message forward or backward in time but I think it would be more like sideways into a parallel universe..also there was a 1 in 2 million chance of them finding it so that's pretty impressive

16. I was listening to this about it on the radio, Apparently it was discovered by two independedent study groups but I haven't researched it very much. Interesting stuff science is.

17. Yeah CERN reported it, there's some skepticism because they had faulty wiring when they said they broke the speed of light with the neutrino sub-atomic particle, but this seems legit so far...pretty huge breakthrough...I don't think people have even comprehended what this means...

18. i think if we did the whole world would go into shock from how fucking incredible it is

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.