They’re all around

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Patricia Clemons, Nov 27, 2018.

1. If you are located in the USA, perhaps you remember when the government was watching people thru their smart tv’s.

Or in the 90’s when “crazy” people were saying the government is listening in on our phone calls, only 15 years later to have it established as fact and broadcasted on various tv and radio stations.

Over the last few months I have noticed that after leaving friends house, or talking to people at work. I later open my phone and on facebook and googles search suggestions, i see the same topics that we’re discussed earlier that day!

This is both eerie and psychologically dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. lol always sleep with the phone battery out ..lol

3. Lmao, so you think your friends house is bugged or is it more likely that google and facebook track your searches and likes and gear their ads and news feeds to you? Still kind of scary....if you want the feds at your door start googling chemicals to make bombs or other terrorist related things. I know a guy who was searching such stuff and had his internet access shut down temporarily. Your government is always watching you......

4. I would say the gearing their ads to suit the sheeple sounds more likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Yep and they have been doing it for years.

6. "In his apartment, an instrument called a telescreen—which is always on, spouting propaganda, and through which the Thought Police are known to monitor the actions of citizens—shows a dreary report about pig iron. Winston keeps his back to the screen. From his window he sees the Ministry of Truth, where he works as a propaganda officer altering historical records to match the Party’s official version of past events. Winston thinks about the other Ministries that exist as part of the Party’s governmental apparatus: the Ministry of Peace, which wages war; the Ministry of Plenty, which plans economic shortages; and the dreaded Ministry of Love, the center of the Inner Party’s loathsome activities." George Orwell, 1984 - written in, 1944.

• Like Like x 2