These ready to go? (New Zealand)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Vivakiwi, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Hows things guys?

nearly 20 days into autumn here, the last 2 days we have had some HEAVY RAIN, and a COLD SNAP come through, my plants have been looking pretty good, Pistils slowly changing at the top to brown, have looked at the tricombs under a x60 micro, and they still looks clear.

However, after inspecting today after 2 day straight of cold/rain, i have noticed that the pistils have browned VERY FAST and everythings very wet.

Should i get ready to harvest or just leave em for a few more weeks and hope for some more sun?

these have been flowering for about 5-6 weeks.

sorry for the crappy pictures team, taken after it stopped raining

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Doesn't look ready yet. I would hold off as long as you can, but becareful of to much rain. Shake em off as much as you can, and over night if it rains see if you can cover them if it continues to rain.

3. Cheers brother, might start putting em in the garage overnight, this is when it seems to rain the most.

4. I used sacks for mine. Only got a little mold, but I think it was because my drying condtions are not the best. Space gets tight when chopping weekly. The outdoor was over kill, and I should have delayed my indoor 1-2 weeks to make room. Good luck they are looking nice just keep em mold free

5. Its only been raining a few days, i wont water them for sometime, when i dry them ill have a fan on and get the air circulation up.

6. Tricombes clear in Titirangi.
    3 more weeks.
    :)

7. cool, are you growing outside too?

8. Ya, man.:)
    Go to trade em for 60-100x magnifier to check your tricombes.$14.00 +$4 shipping
    Look at you tube- 'grow outdoor' for more info.

9. I've got a good scope, read up top :D

tricomes are still mostly clear.

10. Keep posting for amber!:wave:

11. A touch milky on bottom of plant bud tricombes, with a hint of amber.
    Getting closer.
    Sunday was equinox.
    Getting closer.....

12. hey mate, yea one of my plants is full milky no amber though, all the white hairs and brown and starting to recede into the plant.

others are gona need a few more weeks.

13. wait it out.
    try to get a tarp over it when it rains to keep the rain off
    if youre that worried about mold get a fan out there on them.

btw i dont see any pictures

14. :smoking:O.L. told me to clean garage and found shoe box with 3 plANTS WRAPPED IN THE NHERLD APR.10, 2010.
    SMOKES O.K.
    Cap lock,,,,
    so thats gotta be a sign.

15. Hey Dan Pulled the pics down, i dont leave em up for long..

I harvested the smaller plant yesterday, all the hairs were brown and fully receded into the buds themselves - they are drying now.

Had some amber, but not alot, have learnt a lesson about the rain, will be using the fan on wet plants next grow.

got 2 more plants to harvest, gona leave them a few weeks longer here is the top of the smaller (other plant)

[​IMG]

16. Where in nz? I got fam in Christchurch and rotarua

17. Look at your plants.
    One beside the other can be diff.

18. #18 Vivakiwi, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
    Narwhal - im in the South Island.

Heres my other 2 plants both about the same but the 2nd girls alot taller.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Both gona wait a bit longer, the first plants drying well, have tested it, smokes well, but im losing some of that sweet smell, which i hope will come back during cure.

19. yes, your smell will come back with the cure.

20. Damn, that looks sweet! I'm from the States, I've been in Auckland for a few months and it's near impossible to get weed here cause I don't know anyone. These pics make me want to go back home!