These ladies need your help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Og grumble, Jun 30, 2018.

1. A week ago they were perfectly healthy. And loving life. I had a gnat issue so i let the soil dry out, used bti dunks, neem oil and diatomaceous earth. Knocked out the gnats and then this happened. I just transplanted from 3 gal smart pots to 7 gal smarties. They are in slightly amended fox farms ocean forest. I use dechlorinated tap water ppm about 50, earth juice naturals ph down(citric acid crystals) to get the ph from about 8 to between 6-7. I hit em with alaska fish fert at 1/4 strength and a neem oil foliar about 10 days ago. Top dressed with neem, kelp, crab and oyster shell. Like a tbsp of each. Then an inch or 2 layer of ewc. I started using garden safe(brand) insecticidal soap in case of any other bugs im not seeing. Temps got up to 84 the other day while i was gone so i thought it was heat stress because a few leaves started to fold up like canoes or tacos but the temps have been fine the past 2 days and its worse now. Thought i might have burned them with the alaska fish fert and top dressings but this doesnt really look like nute burn. Its only 2 out of 3 plants doing this. I have an autoflower going strong looking beautiful and she has gotten everything the same except she is in recycled amended soil from my lastrun and she didnt get any of the insecticidal soap because she is already flowering. So im thinking maybe its the soap? Im totally lost guys. Heres some pics and thanks in advance. 20180630_005147.jpg

2. More pics

Attached Files:

3. At what time during the present light cycle are you applying the neem/insecticidal soap?

4. Well dried that up sure did. Its probably related to heavy dosing that you applied. I would trim off the yuck and let it regrow. Best of luck, keep us posted.

And as waktoo asked, hope you are not doing this during flowering...

5. I was more concerned about WHEN, considering lights on/lights off...

Neem oil and insecticidal soaps will burn plant leaves if applied during normal light running hours, especially if the lights are anywhere close to the canopy. It's best to apply them at lights out, or shortly beforehand. In my experience, you can safely apply these mitigants well into flower, you just have to be aware of RH, so as not to create an environment that suites the proliferation of molds and PM. This would depend greatly on one's set up, temp'/RH monitoring systems, air exchange, and ambient environmental conditions.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well the lights were on when i sprayed but i pulled the plants out of the tent to spray them. Then i let them dry before putting them back in the tent. Maybe they weren't completely dry... Also i read online that if the plants are experiencing drought conditions the soap can burn them. I just let the soil dry out super hard to help combat the gnats. Black gold compost and ewc are full of gnats btw lol. I also sprayed them 3 times in 6 days which is probably way too much. I didnt spray the one plant thats flowering and she is fine. The 2 i sprayed are still in veg. Also it has gotten up to 84 in my tent a couple times while I've been gone so its probably a combo of heat and the soap and dryness. I hit em with a compost tea yesterday but im not seeing any improvement. Im gonna try a kelp foliar.