These girls need a little help - Frist Time Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cbrown440, Aug 23, 2013.

1. #1 Cbrown440, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2013
    Hey there fellow growers. This is my first grow and my second topic, lets get straight to the point.

I'm growing in soil, and before doing a larger run of better seeds i did a 10 seed trial. This is all using bag seed, but that's really just to get this stuff down before investing in better ones. So 10 seeds, and 7 seeds sprouted, 1 little guy died in a traumatic early life accident, and then there were 4 males, so that leaves me with 2 plants.

Now there is this rogue little plant that came from dumping out all of the seeds i thought weren't going to grow into the garden (since the soil was still good). and now its on its way to becoming a real plant.

These are 95% outdoor, they were started indoor using a small light set up i have in my garage, and they were moved outside once they had sprouted. I'm growing in a local organic soil (the next batch gets FFOF) and i water every 2-4 days depending on when they need it. I generally just use the knuckle test for the soil. I've used Dr.Earth NitroGrow a couple times once every week and a half to two weeks. i occasionally use BioThrive Root Booster at half strength every 2-3 waters. 

I've got 54/60 bag seeds germinated and are sitting in soil (FFOF) getting ready to sprout, and i want to make sure i know what im doing with these two so i can best be prepared for these next guys now that i know at least a tiny bit more than i did the first time.

without further adieu here are the two ladies and their unknown baby.
    1: This plant has gotten fairly light green and growth has slowed a lot. PH for the soil is 6.0-6.3 depending on where i tested (5 samples taken from each pot)

This lady also got bent from the get go, just to try the technique i had heard so much about, and its cool to have a side by side comparison of a bent and a tall plant (which you will see)
    [​IMG]

Can anyone guess at the cause of this? heat? nutes?
    [​IMG]

Alrighty, now here is #2
    ph around 5.8-6.3
    [​IMG]

This really shows the yellowing that im worried about, i tried to use a book and figure out if it was cal-mag or K or something else entirely
    [​IMG]

New growth is almost lime green
    [​IMG]

also the leaves have these weird curly-cue leaves where the stem meets the leaf
    [​IMG]

and now the baby
    this little guys ph is about 5.9-6.1
    [​IMG]

Any extra info you need i'll be more than happy to answer.

2. looks like a Mg and N deficiency

3. I agree .. Or the big one could be root bound . what size pot is pic three in??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. And the last pic is a little acidic I would use a little baking soda to pH UP your water and water it with that . try pHing your water to like 6.5 or 6.8 and water that little guy and it should correct itself .. Good luck

5. #5 Cbrown440, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2013
    thanks for the quick responses.

so ill give both the bigger ladies a full dose of Dr. Earth on its next water (it rained today so maybe in 2 days). I'll phj the water for the tiny one, is there anything else?

the pots have no chance of being root-bound, the first one is in a 15 gal pot (first three pics) and the next one is in a 10-12 gal (i forget exactly) and the tiny guy is in a 5 gal.

what's the best way to get Mag, should i just use a cal-mag supp and use the Dr. Earth for the N? Or should i do something else entirely?

6. OK cool I didn't know they were in suck huge pots .. Cal mag is good .. Epsom salt will help with mag def ... If I were u and had the money I would get cal mag ... I'm excited for you .. This is so addictive .. My GDP just sprouted this morning I'm so excited !!

7. Should i go with liquid calmag? add it to the same water as the dr. earth, or do them separate?

8. Thanks swat, that image was super helpful, it has been saved for later usage

but i still think it could be Mag or K, is there a reason you guys think it might be the Mag over the K? it looks like either to me, but im no expert, a simple distinction between the two might help me to understand better.

Tomorrow morning when i return back home i'll water them with water and ill mix in epsom salt, root booster, and nitrogen fert, but again, should i get a liquid cal mag, or some other kind (ill pick it up on the way home)?

also how much Epsom salt would you use in a typical watering?