Thermal detection

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GreenMasonJar, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Hello guys, I have only done microgrows in the past, so I've never been worried aout getting caught. The upcoming year I would like to grow a plant for myself and I was wondering if I would be safe from thermal detection. I know this is a thing around here because big operations got detected that way. I live in a 3 floors apartment building and I currently live on the second floor. I am wondering if growing a plant in a tent or a closet with a 400w (or less) would be risky. I have a feeling that I would have nothing to worry about, but I would like to read multiple opinions first. I haven't found much on the subject, except for big operations, but I am not gonna build a room in a room for one plant... So what do you guys think about that ?

2. I dunno.

Had quite a few helicopters in my very small neighborhood the past month or so....

Hope thermals can’t see through my roof!

3. The risky part is doing the grow in an apartment complex in my opinion.

4. It is, as i've said, I live on the second floor. I am wondering if they can ''see'' through the whole apartment over me. If I go for 250W maybe it's not enough for them to spot it.

5. I’m not talking about it being dangerous because of thermal imaging. You shouldn’t grow in an apartment complex. When you harvest, the whole complex is going to smell like weed. The maintenance and office have keys to your apartment and can go in without notice if they want. It’s just not a practical situation. Thermal radar should be the last of your concerns there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah really dude above is correct. I live in a mobile home, have carbon filter, etc and am tripping balls. Have about ten plants deep in flower and it just smells like a weed farm outside my home. Open the door, it’s undeniable. About ready to take a break. Stressful.

7. It depends on how you vent the heat.
    400 watts could be seen as a small server room. Maybe you work out of your apartment....
    Too small to be concerned about for local PD.
    Smell would be more of an issue I would guess.

8. They can't enter my aparment without a 24hr notice prior to the visit, it's in the lease. About the smell, I would select a strain that is less smelly and I won't grow more than one plant. I guess one carbon filter in the closet and one in my room would be enough. My neighboor smokes in his apartment and I can barely smell it.

9. Dude your whole plan is terrible.

10. That would not cover you during harvest. And if they suspect there is a water leak or something, they can go in. That is an emergency situation. Many people have that misconception. And even still, if they give you 24 hours, you going to tear down your grow in a day. It’s just too risky to grow in an apartment in an illegal state. That’s my advice.

11. Well, I guess I am going to wait for this summer and plant a few ones outdoor.
    Thanks guys for sharing your views !