There's this bird thats been running into my window for 3 weeks now

Discussion in 'General' started by jimboob, May 2, 2011.

1. Capture it and get it high

2. I had a cardinal that used to peck on my window, I'd open the curtain and it would fly away. Repeat cycle. I figured out it was a game to it and when I stopped opening the curtain it went away after a while.

3. I think this will create the opposite effect. They are attracted to the reflection.

4. not a mirror, something thats shiny and makes flashes of lights. like those ribbon things they use in vineyards.

some sorta wind chime device that has reflective things on it.

5. Ah, I see what your saying. Yea that may work, scarecrow effect.

6. i thought this is a perfect time to make my presence

free the bird man

7. Record it, and you will make $$ by making it the new windex commercial :D

8. lol its actually the opposite, he has a broad and some kids and is building a nest nearby. Cardinals do this in my area alot so I looked it up, its because they see a reflection and are trying to ward off other birds from their nest.

9. Probably feel dead...

10. Make a birdhouse for him and put some bird feeder in it.

:smoke:

11. It's mating season. The bird sees its reflection in the window, so it tries to take it out. It isn't retarded. It isn't trying to fly through an invisible wall. It's just trying to be macho, cause it is horny as shit.

12. Or it lost it's mate and went nuts. There was a pair of cardinals with their nest outside our house.. The female just vanished one day, probably eaten by my cat, and the male just went balls crazy.. Cracked our basement window trying to kill it's reflection.

13. open your window one day

14. she probably wouldn't, neck would be snapped ya know, if she wasn't dead, she'd be paralyzed:D