There's a civil war going on in the city

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GGrass, May 14, 2010.

1. just imagine if this guy were holding something more weaponrous

:shrug:

2. ok the man is wearing a fanny pack a woo shirt holding a raid shield in one hand and an rpg in theother, with a scally cap... this picture must be photoshopped, of a 10 year old boy hawking newspapers during the great depression, with the weapons of the military currently...

3. I didn't know where to vent my frustration so I did it here in GC. Sorry.

It is of no importance whether there's a riot or a civil war going on in my country. Not for you, and honestly, not for me either.

I live so far away from the city, even a nuke blast won't get to where I am.

This whole political bullshit has been dragging on for months and months... if not years...

And I've never felt any frustration over it because I do not give a damn about politics.

BUT, very recently, it has become my personal problem, a problem which...

I don't know how to describe.

So, I'm pissed and angry at the fact that there's a fucking civil war going on on the street, the street where there's a hospital in which my brother needs to go.

There's no other hospital in the whole fucking country that has the facility, and my brother needs to bring his son there TODAY.

And if you look at today's news, there's no fucking way anyone is going in there without getting shot.

So...

Call me troll or call me what the fuck you want.

I'm done here.

4. Sorry to hear about your nephew ( and the riots in your country).:(

The hard part was, there was nothing in your original post nor your sig area to indicate where you were or anything. Folks got interested and never heard anything back.:cool::smoking:

5. I totally understand... I mean about folks gettting irritated because they're not hearing anything back.

I live 12 hours apart from you guys in America... while you guys were guessing what the heck I was talking about, I was home, raising my kids. I only have internet access at th office, 8 am to 5 pm...

My wife and my second kid were in a car, driving her way home, when that shit started. She was right at the edge of the battle front, stuck in long line of traffic jam. She called me and asked me where the fighting was going on, so she could avoid those roads.

Mind you, the roads they're waging wars, they're like... comparable to ... 'Manhattan' of NY.

I was worried as fuck, coz the army was cutting off mobile phone signals and shit...

She got home safe, but she was stuck in traffic for... many many hours.

6. Recently, my older brother's son was diagnosed with autism.

My brother... he's very... I don't know how he is, but he's having a real tough time.

I have two sons, just like him, and I know how I'd be if one of my son had autism... I'd be fucked out of my mind...

So he checks out all the possible places he could go, and he finds this place, a special hospital for kids with autism. The best in the crazy country called Thailand.

He makes appointment with the doc, and he's all ready to go and show his autistic kid to the doctor.

And then the civil war shit happens. And the hospital is right in the middle of the battle field.

I feel so bad for my brother and my nephew.... the fuck with all the politicians in the world. Fucking scumbags...

7. Agree with you a 100%. I understand your frustration too. Hopefully things will settle down in a few days. Has most of the actioon been in the same area each day or does it move around?

8. Thanks, man... appreciate your kindness.

They say it'll end by Sunday. (It's 9 AM Saturday as I type this.)

The protest has been going on for ... three, or four months? May be longer. But the serious fight just began yesterday.

Can you imagine, anti government protestors, taking seige in the middle of Manhattan for months???

This is what a netizen reported in one of the English newspaper's blog site.

19:30
    Finally APCs fleet (8 cars probably), is on move toward Saladeng (name of an intersection) battle zone. The commandent issued "Empty the zone or be shot".

-----

At Saladeng, tension is extremely high and the rebel side start firing M79.

-----

re battle of Lumpini park re my comment 3,
    firnal score is, red side (protestors) 2 dead 2 serious. Troop (govt) side no casualty.

-----

20:25
    The battels are now on full steam.
    At saladeng the red (protestors) keep firing M79 toward soldier barricades while APCs are on standby.

At Bonkay (name of a street) battle zone, soldiers do better. They take good cover and shoot the armed red. Casualty continues.

At Raj Prasong red podium, red command disoriented and collapse. People start dispersing.

-----

Just to let you know what happened while you were guessing...

Let me take this opportunity to apologize for sort of going AWOL on the thread... my bad.

9. I'm just glad it's not China! I don't want all these Mandarin lessons to go wasted :p

10. Damn, that's really awful how it's preventing that hospital visit. I hope it clears up real soon and your nephew is able to get treatment as soon as he can. It is really good, however, that your wife made it back safe. Keep your head up!

11. Ni hao! :D

That's all the Mandarin I know...

Oh, I know another one.

"Yo may yo yen?"
    (Do you have a cigarette?)

12. Thanks, buddy...

13. Sending you all the good Karma I can Brother Blade. Take care!

14. Shit.... it's heart felt, brother... appreciate it very much....

15. My brother cancelled the doctor's appointment. He had to. Nobody's going in town today except the soldiers and rebels.

-------------------

Crazy shit going on in town...

It all began with a rebel general (nicknamed Seh Daeng 'Red Commander') getting assasinated while giving interview in front of a TV camera. He was shot in the head with a sniper rifle. The bullet went in his right temple and came out the back of his neck.

And guess what... the general survives... he's in coma, but he's not dead. Amazing.

The guy was standing in front of a TV camera and the crews, and then

BAM!

His head explodes. Ask Thomas Fuller, a corrospondant of New York Times. He was standing right next to the general when he got shot.

16. The sniper had only one shot and he did a good job of hitting the mark from 300-400 meters away while the mark was surrounded by crowd of bystanders and news crews. A mistake would have been... not good.

But the target survives... I find that truely amazing. He gets hit in the head with a bullet with his name on it, and he survives.

Half hour later, a fight breaks out, and the first casualty is a bystander who got hit by a stray bullet.

Such is life.

You don't get to decide who lives and who dies.

17. can you give me a breif explanation of what the fight is about. i mean like what they are rebeling against? normally i side with rebels, but its always good to know both sides of the story.