There will be no revolution

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Buzzard, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Because no revolution is needed. You don't have it so bad, stop complaining.

Discuss.

2. No revolution is needed...but we are obviously in need of change in several areas of our country.

3. There will be a revolution. There always is. :)

4. I'm not willing to settle for second best.

5. You say you want a revolution
    Well, you know
    We all want to change the world
    You tell me that it's evolution
    Well, you know
    We all want to change the world
    But when you talk about destruction
    Don't you know that you can count me out
    Don't you know it's gonna be all right
    all right, all right

You say you got a real solution
    Well, you know
    We'd all love to see the plan
    You ask me for a contribution
    Well, you know
    We're doing what we can
    But when you want money
    for people with minds that hate
    All I can tell is brother you have to wait
    all right, all right
    Ah

ah, ah, ah, ah, ah...

You say you'll change the constitution
    Well, you know
    We all want to change your head
    You tell me it's the institution
    Well, you know
    You better free you mind instead
    But if you go carrying pictures of chairman Mao
    You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow
    all right, all right

6. That's the argument for the status quo. It makes a lot of sense, really...

life is gooooood, for most of us.

But, it can always be better.

It's a relative statement, so it depends on your point of view.

There's a clash of ideas in the western world...

One says "Let's keep making new shit, new technology, build stuff, create, change the world"

The other says "Life is great, let's keep what we have going..."

7. Well, the powers that be will never change the system that put them in power. Ofcourse, no rule without exception, Mikhail Gorbatchev comes to mind. One of the greatest guys still alive, on par with Mandela in my opinion.

But I digress. Want to see radical change from the status quo, it must more or less by definition come by revolution. Not necessarily a popular revolt, or even from a political or social agenda at all. Perhaps some premise of current society change, and society change with it in a fast and painful pang of necessity. Still a revolution, but not in the stereotypical storming of the barricades kind of way.

8. I think that we're heading towards another revolution. May not be within our life-times, but I can see it happening, nonetheless. The balance of power is no longer balanced. The gov't is becoming too powerful, and the people will eventually put an end to it.

9. I'm not saying it's time to revolt, just that a couple of controlled guillotinings of the royals worked wonders in France, when their government was totally unresponsive to the needs of the people.

Neocons on a stick anyone?

10. There'll be a fuckin' revolution, even if I have to one-man it.

Everyone is entitled to wage their own personal revolution, and if others want to come along, them more power to 'em.

11. Yeah, I can agree with that...

And, personally, I don't forsee a civil war anytime soon, civil wars are the worst. Can you imagine modern America or Europe, having a civil war?...There's no reason to.

fun fact: More Americans died during the Civil War than all other wars combined.

Now, a social revolution on the other hand...non-violent resistance can be very effective.

12. You are on a journey. Where? Well... there is no answer to that question, as you are only on this journey to find happiness. On this journey you come across a split in the path... there are two journeys, you may only pick ONE.

The left path takes you back to where you started, but it is a very easy trip, with no hardships, besides the the mental grievance you place on yourself just thinking... "what if?"

The right path, as you can see already, has its obstacles. You have this feeling... you KNOW that this path leads to somewhere new, somewhere much better... somewhere you want to be, but it looks so dangerous! Look at all the people standing in your way... those ignorant, arrogant bastards! All they want is to control you!

Holy shit WHAT am I talking about?!!!!

13. No, go on, you were really on to something there!

14. I was lucky enough to be born into a lower middle class family in a great town. Most people aren't that lucky.

Revolution isn't necessary yet. Not until the middle class dissapears will there be serious rumors of rebellion.

Who was comlaining?

15. Brethren, let us overthrow the bourgeoisie!

16. Them societyologists call that middle class alienation

or, the first step to revolution

But yeah, America will never have a revolution... it would be squashed too fast

17. Rebellion is needed. All empires must fall. People and cities must be allowed to die. Once all the death and destruction is overwith, creation and life can happen again. This world has become ugly, let's bring in a world of love and happiness.

This can only be brought around by rebellion.

18. Revolution IS needed. If we go about the same way we are right now, 30 years down the road everyone will be slaves to the government.

19. “No amount of political freedom will satisfy the hungry masses”

20. Simply put, No. We have more freedom now then we ever have before in the history of this country.