There seems to be a problem, Houston (w/pics)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Cannibalistixx, Nov 4, 2006.

1. These are white widows that ive had for about 5 weeks now. They were intially extremely lime green so I fertilized them with micronutrients. Alot of that lime green has gone away now but there seems to be a new problem on the horizon.
    Any suggestions?

Notice the lime green edges and tips and the necrosis occuring around the edges to.

To the touch they are very soft anf fragile like I could easily tear the leaf where this is occuring. Kind of a soggy feeling if you ask me.

Attached Files:

2. havin a little trouble again huh,

your plants are starting to show a potassium def. along with your nitrogen, you just experienced.

you say you fed it micro nutes, what did you give this plant? what it needs is a general feeding, fertilizer like 10.10.10 with the defencies I see

if you did infact give this plant a general feeding when you treated the nitrogen def. then I suggest you are in nute lockout and we need the full details PH, both water and runoff aswell as watering amounts and intervals.

if you didnt just feed with a well rounded NPK values, feed this plant

3. Flush your soil with clean ph water, re-fertilize with less nitrogen and more pottasium and raise your light 1-2 inches.

4. Yeah thats not really the best advice, just because I said potassium & nitrogen dosent mean he should just treat the symptoms,without knowing the cause

I'm trying to get him to look into the CAUSE of his problems, so that he learns from his mistake and it doesnt happen again.

why does it need a flushing?,maybe water is the last thing it needs, it looks hungry, maybe he never fed it? if its a lockout he may need more than potassium this maybe just the beginning symptoms of another underlying issue, we dont dont know what the cause is at this point.

5. i agree with dr. ganja. mag. def.

6. heyy guys, thanks for your help. During my last ferrtilized application, I gave it 1 tbsp of foxfarms grow big 6-4-4 and i also gave it Sweet which has micronutrients.

I read from a book that I have that if the problem starts at the bottom of the plant, it has to do with NPK deficiency whereas if the problem starts at the top of the plant, its more likely to be a micronutrient deficiency.

I fertilized the plants and 3 days later, alot of the lime green pigmentation that occured on the new shoots had disappeared along with the lime green/yellow discoloration on the leaves. But suddenly, i have now noticed these new symptoms.

Im thinking along a potassium deficiency and a magnesium deficiency. I stronglly feel that it could be a combination of overwatering (i gave each plant 40 ounces of water) and magnesium deficiency. I think i may try using the epsom salt and see what that does for me.

The water i use is at about 6.5 and the soil and nutes are already precalibrated so i highly doubt that its a ph problem at all.

Can anyone explain to me what the EC meter is all about? Just kind of curious....

7. yes 40 oz is too much for small plants like that and could ? be cause of lockout

anycase your ferts are light in the P & K , this is what appears to be your problems reading your plants

again....... more ferts (K)........ also 1 tabelspoon of epsom salts, for the Mg and sulphur.you can use 1 tbl.spoon molasses (for potassium)if you think you gave it enough nitro already

dont water again for a week to 10 days

keep us posted gluck

8. ec is electrical conductivity. it's pretty much the same as a ppm meter. it measures nutrient content. that and a ph meter are good tools to have.

9. Ganjaguerilla - thanks for your advice. Ive noticed that the top 2 inches of soil are completely dry yet as I penetrate my finger deeper into the soil, i can feel moisture. (I did this around the edge of the pot where new foxfarm ocean forest soil resides from the transplant) I dont plan to water even though the soil is dry and the leaves are starting to droop for another 3 - 5 days since I dont want them to go into shock. Thanks for the advice. I posted more pictures on my other thread under indoor grow called 8 white widows. Could it be nute burn? Or is it definelty some sort of deprivation. Im thinking deprivation since they looked a whole lot better after fertilizing them.

Growbot - thanks for the description. Surely, ill be investing in these tools when some $$ becomes available.

Take a look at my thread under indoor growing titled 8 white widows. The symptoms seem to be getting worse and I would love for you guys to help save my grow before it disturbs me more than it already is. Thanks again.

10. Fine dont worry about the watering,even better then nothing is locking out the nutes but you,

go back and read what I suggested you do, & feed the plants

11. Hey ganja, I recieved a reply from a few other members and they think it could be overfertilizing. If you take a look at the other pictures i posted on my other thread, u may agree. Take a look and get back to me before I decide to give it more nutes. Ive only been giving it 1 tbsp/gal which doesnt seem like an insane amount of an organic 6-4-4 fert.

Please do take a look at my pictures on the other thread and get back to me. The more opinions before i take a course of action, the better.

12. Some ppl are beyond help GG, he was given the right advice a few days ago and chose to ignore it.

hayho.

13. Im sorry if I want the best for my plants. If i could already be overfertlizing which is a possibility, why would i continue to fertilize?

Ill water them today with a tbsp/gal of 6-4-4 grow big and 1 tbsp/gal of epsom salt and see where that gets me in the next few days....

If anything gets worse, Im blaming it on you max. :smoking:

14. I was done with you before dude, I thought Id give you the benifit of the doubt, and help you out dispite my personal dislikes for you.

Your not sucking me into your drama and bullshit, your not making me second guess my judgements, I dont give a rats ass who else looked at your plants, further more dont be so fuckin lazy, dont make people go searching around looking for your posts and pics, when its you that wants help, post the fuckin pic right here where you ask for help!.

STOP WITH THE ATTENTION SEEKING BULLSHIT, you have answered your own questions when I stated your deficiencies, and I made you think (rare as that may seem) you posted you gave it ferts it got better, so just how the fuck mister expert is it fert burnt, when it gets better if you give it ferts......this is so blantly obvious you just want EVERYONE to look at you.

gluck with your future grows & you too need to GROW up

15. ^^^ouch!!^^^
    i'd go with a teaspoon per gallon. do that once a week and you won't have to ever worry about it. it'll work out and you'll be smokin soon.

16. Blame it on yourself, youve been the babbling expert, dishing advice you have no right to give

17. I'm on my back foot & I'm not into handbags at 20 paces.

>You should read your own threads<

:bolt:

18. Tisk Tisk.... :)

Well i for sure aint giving advise in this one LOL. to much variables and my brain is the size of a pea ;)

19. GG - ya know, im sorry if you have a personal dislike towards me. But I would like to be 100% sure before walking into an array of problems. You've given great advice and so have others. I treat everyones response equally.

I say it could be an overfertilizing issue because browning and yellowing of leaf edges could very well be overfertilizing according to a book I have by Mel Frank. Sure I may have amended a few problems and they look better, but I could have made another underlying problem worse.

GG - Im not on a binge to give out false information.

Sorry for thinking analytically.

Growbot, u say a tsp should be enough. Are you referriing to the epsom salt application or the Grow big 6-4-4?

Sorry if I seem ignorant about the issue. But im 20 years old and just spent 1500 bucks that i made working practically at minimum wage. Its not easy for me to see my crops stressing.

I really hope you guys understand, especially those who are 30+ who have years of experience under their belts.

20. For the sake of your plants ONLY, I'm happy my diagnosis was correct (I'm not one of those that has to be right but with this crap and you claiming its your diagnosis and your right OVER ON THE OTHER THREAD) and that your plants are doing better and actually growing again.

YOU I like less than I did before this thread started.
    All this mess 2 separate threads on this same issue and same crap going on in both threads. constantly posting other people diagnosed different than I , I DONT GIVE A RATS ASS

ANYONE THAT LISTENS TO THIS CLOWNS ADVICE DESERVES TO LOSE THIER GROW