Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

There really needs to be a how to guide...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Crystal74, Jul 7, 2010.

1. OK I set up an appointment to get a card.. Call and make an apt and ask what I need to bring..and how much blah blah blah

Well I get there an its a chiropractor office. I call the number and ask about that and the guy said we share an office with them. ok ...

I fill out some paperwork basic adress info, and what Im there for, hand over the 119.00 an go back in to a room. The guy comes in and chats with me.. has me go over my issues, and says ok.. Then said he was going to go get me some paperwork to go over...

He comes back with a letter stating that he is a' Chiropractic Physician licensed to practice in the state of California. This statement certifies that (MY NAME) is a patient under my care and supervision. I have completed an evaluation/examination of the patient. I have diagnosed the patient with chronic pain from the findings of this examination and history. This patient has a significant medical condition which in my opinion may benefit fromt he use of medical/therapeutic cannabis. I have discussed the risks of cannabis use with the patient. This patient qualifies for medicinal/therapeutic use of cannabis as allowed by the compassionate use act of 1996.

If an MD recommends and my patient chooses to use cannabis therapeutically, I will excpect him/her to keep his/her appointments so I am able to monitor his/her condition and provide advice for his/her progress.."

He signs and dates with his lic# then my SSN# number and a patient number.

He hands me a phone number for a Dr in Fresno (which is about 2 hours from me) and says go here.. he charges 200 for the rest of the process..

OK so from what I thought I knew.. He is a chiropractor and can not even recommend in the first place. I really thought; I had reaserched enough to keep from being put into situations like this. I feel like this was a entire step I didnt even need to take and waste money on.

SO ok maybe this is the first step.. thats fine, but DO I have to go to this guy in Fesno? Is this paper, that he, wrote something on even going to be useful to me outside of this guy in Fresno? I mean I dont want to drive that far If I did I would have gone to San Francisco.

and if I can use this for other Drs.. do I say I already have this? Man Im so frustrated right now...

maybe someone can learn from what I did wrong...

2. That sucks man sounds like you got ripped off. I actually live in Fresno and got mine for $150.

3. You are getting jacked. Only a phsycian can issue a legit rec. You dont need a chiropractor to recommend to a physician... You are spending too much.

4. money down the drain... time and energy too, and they're doing this to a person in pain - how villainous.

You don't need to go to Fresno, in fact, I'd advise against that... If they are working together, the Fresno doctor is a crook too. Just start over. See if you can report that chiropractor to someone.

I'd go in there first and tell them you forgot to get a reciept for your visit. Then you have proof of how much you spent - that with the paperwork should be enough to show someone you are reporting this to.

Nail that bastard!

5. Sounds like you not only got ripped off for your cash, but also your identity? (Hopefully not.)
    Sounds fishy. I know it might sound hypocritical, but you may want to alert the authorities. :cool:

6. #6 Crystal74, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2010
    Yeah, I blame myself... I thought I did enough reaserch to know what I was doing. It's my fault.. I am now annoyed and weedless LOL.. I'm more annoyed that I need to wait to buy weed because I spent my extra income on this stupid Dr. I chose to wait on a purchase for the benifit of getting my card and dumb ass me managed to do it wrong.

SO anyone in the Modesto Ca area DO NOT even bother dealing with this guy. Elite Chiropractic is the place he is at. On the phone he makes it sound like he is NOT a chiropractor but a Med Dr that shares this office. Gah I'm so stupid!

OH and he even has a second line that he uses for this and when he answers he says nothing about the chiropractic office. Total scammer!