There really is a difference between Whiskey and Vodka.

Discussion in 'General' started by As Above So Below, Oct 4, 2014.

1. #21 illabreezy, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
    or you could drink what you want and just drink a shit ton of water before you pass out and wake up hangover free every time.

definitely prefer jack to anything else though.

2. #22 As Above So Below, Oct 5, 2014
    Right on man! Glad to meet another stoner who has their shit together. Let's just say that while I was young, I had a baddd criminal history but I've been able to rise above that and get a greatttt fucking job in IT that has a lot of room for advancement. 

And my mother is an RN nurse part time and she makes $35 an hour. She works very close to full time. Everyone needs doctors/nurses/health professionals, so you definitely picked a great field.

Health is just like IT, everybody needs them! :laughing:

I used to do this a lot lol. But lately I just get so drunk and faded I'm like fuck it! I'll be okay...

Next day.... :hide:  :hide:  :hide:  :hide:

4. Jaegermeister is my safety drink

[​IMG]

5. Very true!! IT is excellent but my brain just doesnt work that way, its for certain ppl. People always need health care and people always need innovation in technology.

I think the money is in IT; i mean there is a lot of money that goes into health care but there is also alot of expense and money that just "vanishes"
    And you're my first friend! hah

6. #26 As Above So Below, Oct 5, 2014

Yeah I am your first friend, I saw that :laughing: I feel special  :metal:  :metal:   :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

Yeah computers are kind of my thing. :laughing: I'm no hacking guru but I can fix almost any computer problem. I don't make that much, around $45K a year, but I fuckin' love my job. It's like not even a job to me really. I go in, m-f 8-5 and I learn a bunch of new things every day. I make it a goal to be there early and stay late. I try to learn as much as possible. 

I would honestly say IT and health professionals are almost even. I say that because some senior programmers can easily make over a $100K, but almost every surgeon should almost be able to double that... In terms of education... Doctors have to pay a butt load more, while most IT people usually just have to have a 4 year degree and some tenure. 

All in all, both fields are needed and they go side by side...

Doctors need reliable systems to determine patient history and the people who maintain those are IT people. And my mother told me a while ago that her old state hospital just hired a ton of IT people to transfer paper documents to electronic files...

Seems like an easy job but it's not... You don't just scan a document in... It's much, much more complicated than that.

7. As a Scot I feel the need to point out it's
    "Whisky"

Oh and if you want a good one highland park is my recommendation

8. Everything you said i agree with haha. Sounds like you love your work, meaning its really not work, like you said. I have yet to really enter my field as I am still going to school but I hope i end up loving it as much as you do. I do hear alot of doctors who burn out and get worn out but i have also heard of doctors that have loved it sincee the day they started. But i guess every career has stress, at least any career worth your time (not necessarily one for the money but a job that truly challenges you in ways).

In the end, you will definitely make more than me! Good for you!! I never discuss my age, but I am between 18-40 lol. In terms of other people my age.. I make more than most... 

While sometimes I do have stressful days, it's not like how your days would be. I mean IT is needed and all, but I don't have another person's life depending on me. And IMO, that right there should instantly pay more. 

My official job title is a Network Surveillance Technician. I have many days where things are just OFF in the network and it takes me a whole day to find out WTF is wrong! Very frustrating! But again, nothing lives depend on. At the end of the day if I can't solve it I just inform my next shift person what's going on and see if he can get a better idea of what's going on.

10. Drugs class?  :eek:  I mean, I've taken pharmacology, but a drugs class sounds badass :laughing:

There is (or at least used to be) an elective class on beer and brewing at the school I went to!

11. #31 bomatt4, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
    Whiskey and vodka are made completely different from each other. I'm the vodka type. Screwdriver's are my shit.

Video en espanol, lo siento...but he makes the best one.

http://youtu.be/HJn8UroEMIo

12. There may be a difference, but the end result is the same.

13. #33 240sxLover, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
    I'm a rum guy. Maybe the fact that it's made from sugar is what I love about it, rums are always so damn sweet. I feel like Capt. Jack Sparrow when I drink it hahahah. "... but why is the rum gone??!"

I'm of the belief that there's not much difference in the buzz between types of liquor, but there is between beer/wine/liquor of course. When I drink beer I have a great time and act silly, but I never get.... fucked up, so to speak. Now liquor. That's a whole 'nother can o' worms! I frequently find myself blacking out or doing crazy shit like walking 5 miles to walmart under the influence of too much liquor.

14. it was awesome man. We talked about everything. The most ironic part? Our head prof was a mormon and only tried alcohol once in his life. Doesnt really matter tho, he was still qualified to teach that class.