Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

There is nothing harmful about marijuana.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Marrijane420, Nov 10, 2010.

1. The government and a good chunk of the north american population seem to be " brainwashed " when it comes to a topic about marijuana. Marijuana is a plant and it so happens that this plant has changed my life in a positive way :smoke: Please share why you smoke or consume marijuana, good times with the herb and also the best kind of weed you've ever had! if you can remember :hello:

2. You know marijuanna has some dangerous side effects....

Like.....uhhh......hmmm... i forget...

3. the only real harm marijuana can do to you over time is fill your lungs with resin. have you ever blazed a month straight? after that month you begin coughing up lung butter, and you just feel unhealthy.

so basically now i use my vape daily, and use my pipe on weekends, and im in great shape

4. Depersonalization/derealization

5. i smoke because it makes everthing so much better

and i have never noticed anything bad about my lungs and i smoke weed everyday.

if i did notice anything about my lungs it would probably be because i smoke cigarettes rarely.

6. Ok. I just want to make sure you understand that there is effects on the lungs over time, burned plant material is not good to inhale, and there are a lot of chemicals, I can go into more detail if you wish.

You will realize once you get a few more years of smoking under your belt.

7. yea it leads mostly to junk food. and when i get the right dose of bud i can actually relax and focus better. its actually easier for me to do my homework when im buzzed. i can cut everything im thinking about out and just focus on my work. and it keeps me calm so i dont quit working because im frustrated. weed also takes my anxiety and stress away so im not worrying about those things when im high. its been so influential in my life that my mom has actually let me smoke because she can see the benefits it has on me.

8. yes im with you when you say that a burning material isnt good to be in your lungs, but inhaling weed is probably less harmfull then sitting beside a campfire, just because its hot shit in your lungs.

9. It causes depersonalization. It might get me soon...

10. try quitting then reevaluate your statement. everything is just not the same after youve smoked weed for a while.

11. i feel like i already know this

12. Yea, that's what I was thinkin too...

13. that's not the weed that's you brah

14. Then quit toking? If you know it does that to you then why continue?

15. There's no properties in cannabis that's directly a cause to depression.

Make sure you can get high on life
    before you get high on drugs!
    :smoke:

16. The only harmful thing about marijuana is the laws behind it.

17. #17 Account, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2010
    Hasn't it been shown to increase chances of schizophrenia in people who use it at younger ages? Didn't they even say that in "The Union"? (That's a legitimate question, not an insult, just so that people don't interpret it that way.)

If you're above 25, as far as I know, your Frontal Lobe has finished developing, so that's not an issue anymore. Of course this age varies slightly in different people as well.

Smoke inhalation, of course, but that isn't Marijuana specific. That's just the smoke itself. Edibles are always a good call here, and vaporizers can help with this as well.

Other than that, not much more that I can think of in terms of Marijuana itself specifically that's been proven.

Do it when your frontal lobe has finished developing, use edibles, and there's absolutely no downside, use vaporizers, and there's next to no downside, just smoke it, and there's the usual downside from smoking in general, but nothing else that's been proven so far.

EDIT:

Don't be a fucking moron and claim that I'm "HATIN' ON TEH HERB".

I fucking love weed, I was only told to list the possible downsides to it here. If you wanted me to list the upsides of it, then that would be a whole other story as well. I'm just being honest, and in reality, that's not a big list of negatives in the slightest in comparison to a lot of other drugs.

Also I've heard something about it fucking up your immune system as well, so that if you smoke weed when you're sick, then you're sick for a lot longer. However this one I'm not 100% sure of.

18. Marijuana causes AIDS.

19. Not really, but is good at treating it

20. Depersonalization doesn't always include depression or anxiety. On certain things depersonalization can be fun, but that is cause you know it's only temporary depersonalization.