There is no you

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by 4::20, May 5, 2011.

1. Destiny or fate, following as effect from cause. 
    -from wikipedia

2. Karma (Sanskrit: कर्म IPA: [ˈkərmə] ( listen);[1] Pali: kamma) in Indian religions is the concept of "action" or "deed", understood as that which causes the entire cycle of cause and effect (i.e., the cycle called saṃsāra) originating in ancient India and treated in Hindu, Jain, Buddhist and Sikh philosophies.[2]

from wikipedia.

3. You win. Good luck.

4. I think this is an excellent thread.

I really felt something from it.

I don't know what exactly it is that I felt, but I sure felt it.

5. great to hear that!

dig it!
    and describe your feeling, I'm sure you can do that.

6. For a moment I felt you didn't exist. Then I felt I also didn't exist.

Then I felt we were the same.

And then I forgot what I felt...

7. But we do "exist" correct?

8. "Exist" being a term contingent on subjective definitions. But, knowing that, yes, we exist...in a way ;)

9. #69 WhosGotTheHerb, May 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2011
    Man, how is it religious people are labeled insane?

I truly don't mean to offend. So can we agree that we are ALL insane?

edit: I'd like to point out that your last point only helps prove mine.. "existing" is subjective, so what makes objective?

10. If anyone is crazy, I would consider those attached to their own ideas, those who strive to fit in with society, crazy.
    They, however, may label us crazy.

"Crazy" and "sane," again, being words dependent on subjective definitions.

Which do you want? To fit in with society, or to be yourself? I choose to be myself, and not care what others label me

11. I am both. But that is because I know the difference between subjective and objective reality. (again, not trying to offend) If it is ALL in our heads, what makes us universally accept "nature" as it truly happens?

12. YOU are ALL.

But you don't believe that. And that's ok :)

13. I just can't see your logic, but thats because I believe were living in the same objective reality. To you, I don't even exist, right? So what created these differences in thoughts? If your belief were true, wouldn't you have ALL the knowledge in the universe?

14. I AM the truth. I don't need to think about the truth, cuz I AM truth

15. Seems very close minded to me

16. Yes, I am super closed minded

17. If you understand what he is saying it isn't close minded at all.

Look to being for truth.

TheJourney is not saying his words are truth and are better than everyone else's, but rather that his very being, his very existence is truth. The same can be said for every one of us.

18. Yes I understand this, and agree with it. What I am asking is how was he born with this ultimate truth that he doesn't have to think about? If he doesn't "exist", he was never born, correct?

19. I was not "born" with ultimate truth. I AM ultimate truth.

You are too. You just have to get in touch with your true nature and realize it

20. But being "born", in fact, seperated your reality from your mothers correct? But you believe our realities are not seperate so you couldn't possibly believe this..