There is no such thing as God, scientifically...is there?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by basketballrulz, Jul 28, 2009.

1. #21 BakedLikeLays, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2009
    I think people way back when in the beginning of time some crazy beings came to Earth (every religion talks about beings coming form 'the heavens') and thought it was God. Probably just some aliens from down the block from Earth. Were just so sheltered from any info that we still believe in books written a buttfuckload of time ago. Who even know who wrote the bible's???? Come the fuck on... it could be some drunken idiots story he chiseled on a rock before he blacked out...

2. Dunno why I posted that... I'm just high and love Douglas Adams.

3. + rep

4. Many times.

And I would agree with your thoughts on the universe being God, perhaps with a few minor caveats, though.

5. I am not dismissing the idea that there COULD be a God"like" being somewhere. I agree with God is the Universe a lot actually. That's some quantum shit...

6. well, i belive in this:

Absurdism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

basicly i belive life has no point. everything we do has no point, but that doesnt mean we should curl up in a ball and die, thats cowardly. i think we should make the most of it and ntohing should hold us back as long as were not ruining anyone else's time here. Also, taking up a reliogion accoding to that Absurdism thing is like mental suicide, or basicly living in denial.

Ive always thought like that but the whole Absurdism thing helps me sorta define my belifes....

7. I agree with this 100%

8. I can prove there is no God.

My H has been out of province working for 5 weeks and he is coming home tomorrow and I just got my period.

THERE IS NO GOD!!!:mad:

9. #30 zpyro, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2009
    As do I :hello: I don't necessarily discount that there could be a god, I do necessarily discount that any of the gods worshipped today is the right one :p Some things just seem beyond spontaneous creation to me, it's stuff we'll likely never ever know for certain

10. what about me?

11. I believe he said he wants to feel you.
    To us humans saying that you want to feel them, is a direct challenge to a life-or-death battle.

12. Well if gawd was real, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't let an asteroid hit him. C'mon

13. well obviously if god existed he wouldn't be hovering over Earth, which would be but a small fraction of his kingdom.

14. Hello does God really not exist I'm.on the fence but you your points are vague can you explain to me so I understand more why .

• Like Like x 1
  15. The thread is 11 years old dude you probably won't get a reply from anybody who posted here back then.. make a thread asking about it in this Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality section & I'm sure you'll get some replys :smoke:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. I agree with you sort of...I believe the point of life is progression. Is there an ultimate point? Probably not, but that doesn't mean we should give up and stop looking to the future and fixing societal ills.

17. It's a matter of faith, not a matter of fact.

18. Arthur Frayn made himself into a god, of sorts.