There is no real right or wrong without God.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by mutylator, Oct 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Actually uh no. Science is the elimination of what's not. Another words science proves what is not.... not what is.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Actually no. science

noun

sci·ence | \ˈsī-ən(t)s \

Definition of science

1: the state of knowing : knowledge as distinguished from ignorance or misunderstanding

2a: a department ofsystematizedknowledge as an object of studythe science of theology
    b: something (such as a sport or technique) that may be studied or learned like systematized knowledgehave it down to a science

3a: knowledge or a system of knowledge covering general truths or the operation of general laws especially as obtained and tested through scientific method
    b: such knowledge or such a system of knowledge concerned with the physical world and its phenomena : NATURAL SCIENCE

4: a system or methodreconciling practical ends with scientific lawscooking is both a scienceand an art

5capitalized : CHRISTIAN SCIENCE

SynonymsMore Example SentencesLearn More about science

Keep scrolling for more

Synonyms for science

Synonyms
    knowledge, lore, wisdom
    Visit the Thesaurus for More

Examples of science in a Sentence

The Malay tapir, the largest of the world's four tapir species, remained largely invisible to science until recently. The other three species of these odd, endearing animals all live in South America.— Anthony King, New York Times, 2 June 2009If there were any doubt, Golden's muckraking investigation—he is the Ida Tarbell of college admissions—reveals that almost every word uttered by representatives of the top colleges about the care and nuance and science of the much vaunted admissions process is bunk.— Michael Wolff, New York Times Book Review, 17 Sept. 2006

See More

Recent Examples on the Web
    Showtime, on the other hand, seems to view the property as an opportunity to craft its own epic science-fiction series, at a time when HBO has shows like Westworld, Netflix has Altered Carbon, and Amazon has rescued The Expanse.— Bryan Bishop, The Verge, "Showtime is making a Halo TV series," 28 June 2018For many would-be parents the main impediment to conception is now not science but finance.— The Economist, "Carrot, a Silicon Valley startup, takes a novel approach to funding IVF," 28 June 2018
    These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'science.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.

See More

First Known Use of science

14th century, in the meaning defined at sense 1

History and Etymology for science

Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin scientia, from scient-, sciens having knowledge, from present participle of scire to know; perhaps akin to Sanskrit chyati he cuts off, Latin scindere to split — more at SHED

Keep scrolling for more

Learn More about science

Share science

Resources for science

From the Editors at Merriam-Webster

[https://www]

The Authentic History of 'Junk Science'

Every Letter Is Silent, Sometimes

This is the Difference Between a...

Dictionary Entries near science

Science proves what is. Fact. Twist that anyway you like to suit your simple religious mind.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. lol as i said it proves what is not, not what is. its based on all known evidence and doesn't pretend it has all known facts or evidence present but only what is provable and repeatable.

directly from the science council:
    Science is the pursuit and application of knowledge and understanding of the natural and social world following a systematic methodology based on evidence. Scientific methodology includes the following: ... Evidence. Experiment and/or observation as benchmarks for testing hypotheses.

Scientific methodology includes the following:

• Objective observation: Measurement and data (possibly although not necessarily using mathematics as a tool)
    • Evidence
    • Experiment and/or observation as benchmarks for testing hypotheses
    • Induction: reasoning to establish general rules or conclusions drawn from facts or examples
    • Repetition
    • Critical analysis
    • Verification and testing: critical exposure to scrutiny, peer review and assessment

4. So scientists do experiments to prove what is not. You cant be that unintelligent can you. Well i suppose you can with statements like yours.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I may be talking about a certain methodology I guess. Nonetheless a methodology I believe is present even in Discovery science if by nothing else but peer review.

"The scientific method is an empirical method of knowledge acquisition which has characterized the development of science since at least the 17th century. It involves careful observation, which includes rigorous skepticism about what is observed, given that cognitive assumptions about how the world works influence how one interprets a percept. It involves formulating hypotheses, via induction, based on such observations; experimental and measurement-based testing of deductions drawn from the hypotheses; and refinement (or elimination) of the hypotheses based on the experimental findings. These are principles of the scientific method, as opposed to a definitive series of steps applicable to all scientific enterprises.[1][2][3]

Though there are diverse models for the scientific method available, in general there is a continuous process that includes observations about the natural world. People are naturally inquisitive, so they often come up with questions about things they see or hear, and they often develop ideas or hypotheses about why things are the way they are. The best hypotheses lead to predictions that can be tested in various ways. The most conclusive testing of hypotheses comes from reasoning based on carefully controlled experimental data. Depending on how well additional tests match the predictions, the original hypothesis may require refinement, alteration, expansion or even rejection. If a particular hypothesis becomes very well supported, a general theory may be developed.[4]

Although procedures vary from one field of inquiry to another, they are frequently the same from one to another. The process of the scientific method involves making conjectures (hypotheses), deriving predictions from them as logical consequences, and then carrying out experiments or empirical observations based on those predictions.[5][6] A hypothesis is a conjecture, based on knowledge obtained while seeking answers to the question. The hypothesis might be very specific, or it might be broad. Scientists then test hypotheses by conducting experiments or studies. A scientific hypothesis must be falsifiable, implying that it is possible to identify a possible outcome of an experiment or observation that conflicts with predictions deduced from the hypothesis; otherwise, the hypothesis cannot be meaningfully tested.[7]"

• Like Like x 1
  6. I dont think i am explaining myself well. read my above post.
    This is why i am agnostic and not a atheist even though with all known evidence and my own beliefs I don't think there is a god. But I cant at the same time prove it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #568 MrRaider, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    "science tells us what is not, not what is" I first heard listening to either Lawrence Krauss or Neil Tyson. I'm trying to find the video but most of the lectures I watched were over a hr so its been tough lol.

I will also say as smart as those two men are in science, they are equally or more ignorant in economics and politics.

8. Yeah I don’t know l where you’re going with that .

Later

J

9. #570 Bravedave, Nov 9, 2018
    If you actually read all the verses I pointed you you would have. "He moveth his tail like a cedar"
    As you can see by the fart I sent you a hippo has a tiny tail and and elephant has a spindly one.
    Not positive what he is describing but it is neither of those. One could contend that God was descibing to Job the "giant beast" as something he had created not necessarily something that was not extinct.

10. If thats what you interpret that part of the bible to mean to you then good for you dave.

11. Its an interpretation, I take no ownership of it. Certainly does not describe any other animal present in the land of UZ at the time. What's your take?

12. Ziploc? Did you send it in a Ziploc??

Oh man - a fart in a baggie... lol

And no man - I did not watch the video. With all due respect I usually don’t watch them and definitely not after a long ass day.

I’m gonna head out and wait for the mailman...

And the Ziploc... ;)

J

13. But the bible says were only a few thousand years old so you can't argue that point.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. So do you believe dinosaurs were here 5000 years ago or that man is really millions of years old?
    I'll happily agree with the latter but the first is wrong.
    Iether way, both statements go against the belief of Christians.

15. Never argued that. Why do you think aliens are green?

16. #577 Bravedave, Nov 9, 2018
    How about sticking to the statements I actually made...and WTF do you know about what Christians believe?

17. #578 Bravedave, Nov 9, 2018
    The video was seconds long. Just wanted to show you how lazy and unwise your guess was.

18. There's 50 odd pages of what Christians believe in this thread mate. Go back to the start and you'll see lol

19. And almost as many posts by people who don't understand evolution any more than they do the religious. Do you find it funny that so many here hold the theory of evolution out as the end all? All they have going is the cliff notes version handed to them in the 7th grade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.