there is no god

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by nucan, Nov 2, 2002.

?

Is there a god?

1. si

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. i voted no... i dont believe in none of that supernatural crap... i think its just a way to answer the unexplained... in a univers full of galaxies, solar systems and planet... there just isnt enough room for god... he doesnt fit into the equasion... unless heaven would be like the 4th demension or something... he just doenst make sense ...

the way i see it is if i were to live life according to the bible... go to church on sundays... and follow the ten commandement and when i die find out there is not god.. i would have wasted much of my life warshiping this guy... on the other hand .. i could live life not worrying if what im doing is a sin ... and just be mindful of others... and when my judgment day comes... and im sent to hell ... at least i would have lived my life...

u guys follow??? i cant quite remember the saying...

2. Let's look at atheism, first. I am priviledged to live in a town that is open enough to have a public access channel. And more importantly, a program that comes on weekend mornings that serves as a platform for the atheist community. People who label themselves as "atheist" have created a call-in program in which they can preach their atheist beliefs. If a normal open minded person watches this show, you can clearly hear their message and see where they have drawn logical conclusions. But the problem is where you make the leap and declare what is the truth without having positive evidence to back your claims. Anyone who makes the act of deciding that there isn't a God and labels themself is playing the same damn game. You believe so righteously that you actually label yourself after that belief and don't proclaim what values you do! have. Why is it more important to exclaim the values you don't have? Well, I feel it is out of short sightedness and a completely naive approach at life.

Me personally, I don't see things one way or the other. I can't nullify any religion or belief until I see clear positive evidence that they are false. I personally have certain truths. I believe there is a higher life force and I refer to him as God. He gives me energy to think with endless capacity. etc. etc. I can't deny the fact that while many things can be explained by science, there are far too many that could never be explained. I hope to find the answer one day, until then, I can only have a relationship with God that I trust will help me find these answers.

3. Yes God does exist. I know him personally.
    You just have to take my word for it!

4. hey hatebreeder... you ever read revelation? some scary stuff. there's a lot of prophecy in the other books that have a lot to do with the end times. and i mean A LOT of prophecy... i have this book of most of the prophecies that have to do with jesus's return and all. kinda funny that all but a few have already taken place or are currenty taking place... many people believe we are now living in the end times, and jesus will return sooner than most people think.

a word to all those who either don't believe, or are undecided. if you hear of millions of people just spontaneously disappearing around the globe, may i suggest opening a Bible... 'cause that's where the answers are :D

5. if you do decide to read it, make sure it's king james version... seeing as how that's the most accurate one available.

7. now personally, i believe that the bible was more than likely written by a prehistoric comic book writter. a man lacking love, friends, dreams, hope, etc. and he decided to pour his poor weakened soul into writting a story bout people who will never have to worry what the next day holds for them. Something he couldnt have...

to make a long story short...
    the bible is another fable, God, Paul Bunyan, Jesus Christ, The turtle and the Hair, are all the same... characters with "human like" qualities to bring people together, who do not have the will to make their own morals.

again, this is my personal opinion.

and as Anton Lavey mentioned "If God is real or alive, he better have medicare."

8. My theory about god:

First I'd like to mention the similarities about all religions, there's always the good and bad and their personalities God/Satan etc. and we are judged to one or another by our actions during our life.
    Then there's the common connection to god "we are all gods children" + there's the personal connection to god by praying, meditating, kneeling towards the meccha etc. during this personal connection we should gain somekind of an "enlightement" or something likew that and get closer to god.

And on to the theory: The god is you, your "soul" the thing that makes you think and see and keeps your body moving (afterall body is just an machine) the thing that makes you feel emotions, etc. The good and the evil are different sides of you and your personality, we all do "bad" things and "good" things, if you start doin' "bad" things more and more you propably end up in jail, dead or something worse, but if you focus on doin' "good" things people like you and you're remembered etc.
    What about heaven and hell?: they're emotional places I'd think, Heaven bein' the moment when you're in love and the sun is shining brighter or when you're just generaly feeling good, it affects everything you do. Hell is the opposite obiviously, when you're depressed and down or angry and jealous, duriing wich your worst parts comes out.

The connection to god: byt this theory god bein' you, when you're with people you're facing individuals with different values etc. and they are "gods" too so you can learn from them and they can learn from you. But when you're alone and thinking aobut stuff you're learning things by yourself and maybe this helps you understand things that are difficult to understand so it's some sort of an enlightement isn't it?Enough of that.

Apocalypse: The end of the world descriped in the bible could very well be an romantic description of a persons death, 'cos what I've thought about is that we all have our own "worldS" wich consist places, smells, tastes, people, time, music, personality, words, numerals everything that you have seen, heard, learned, readen, written everything that is you is a world in itself and everyone of these is different and when a person dies this "world" exists no more so it's an end of an world.....

Well this was a theory made very stoned and very late at night.....Thank you

9. I believe there is a God.
    I believe He sent His son to die for me.
    I know that in itself sounds so rote.
    Just like a Christian to say such a thing, eh?

But I feel it in my soul. I feel His forgiveness.
    My faith sustains me.
    I can't argue sematics and I wouldn't try.
    I just know I possess a peace that passes
    understanding.
    It makes my life very meaningful...and yours to me,
    as well.

Peace~

Whisper

10. To me god seems like an limitation. Poeple use so little of their brains that it's a mockery against humanity, we're evolving, the people who lived on the caves and communicated with grunts and rock axes had the same brains as we, thy just didn't know how to use them, there's so much parts and abilities in our brains that we can't even imagine what we could do, major religions tend to supress free thinking wich is the key towards the goal of using the whole of our brains, buddhism and zen and yoga etc. tend to go to the right way (in exploring your selve and focusing on your inner life and achieving "enlightement", basicaly meditating is working with the brain, mathematics are just using one part of your brain wich is logig. There's no point on trying to figure out things unknown to man by usin logig thinking, we could be wrong on many things, for example do mathematics explain why people fell in love with some people and hate some so much? no.... well the amount of body chemicals explain the feeling etc. but it doesn't explain what starts the flow.

Emotions people, emotions they're important, God for most people os an emotion of security and "peace" some people it's an emotion of hate "god hates me". well that's about it.

11. The pint was: the brains were the same, we realize more stuff in a day that our grand parents realized in a month or a year, we receive so much information all the time, we have different aspects to allmost everything in our hands, for example the iraq war, in the 50s we would have had the goverment annoucment about it and that would have been that, now we have internet, we can acces sites made by underground new agencies that would have been burned on stake back in the 50s as a communist party, we can disguss this stuff with people all around the world in real time.... I mean we use our brains more and more all the time

12. i have to disagree with that. the neanderthals were not as intelligent as us now. we had to evolve and learn first, and progress from there.

but back to religion i think that religoin can be a good thing for some people. now religion can go in all sorts of directions. so that is up to u to decide. i believe in god and angels. i do not go to church. i believe in being honest to yourself and others.i don't think u need to go to church, but if u feel u need it go for it.k.. i'm really ripped right now lol. there is a god and i feel a connection and we decide what we want to do in life. no one tells us what to do or how to live.

13. Very good thread and good posts to ponder on. I love threads like this. I have a lot I want to say but I will have to get sobered up before I can get into a disscussion like this.

Puff, Puff, Pass!

14. Thoughts bring me to a concept of a spirt on loan.

I am in a shell that will die and decay and become part of the ecosystem in some other form with me having no conception.
    But my borrowed sprit of life will be taken back by G-D because it was never mine to begin with.
    If I can go through life disturbing little and enhancing to the good anothers life experience. I shall feel worthy of such a gift.and thankful to the source that had made it happen.

15. If there is no God, or some form of higher power, then what the hell are we living for? And don't say for procreation. I don't think we were put here on this earth just for that purpose. If so, then that's kinda depressing. I believe that we will all be judged for the lives that we live and rewarded/punished accordingly when we die. Only then will we know the true reason why we were born. It is too complicated for our minds to comprehend the afterlife because it is not of this world and we base most of our opinions on logical, factual information. Ok I am done for know...discuss.

Puff, Puff, Pass!

16. Yes they weren't as inteligent as us, cos they didn't use the same amount of brain as we do now, and even modern day people are using only some 30-50% of their brain capasity.

Why are all religions so death centered? according to allmost all of the religion the real life starts after death, why? I think you should live your life when living, not to wait for a lifetime for a possible "salvation" what's the logig behind that? It's just a tought (afterlife) there's no prove of it, infact afterlife is as possible as fairies and hob-goblins and never never land. But if it helps people to understand life then I guess it's OK.

17. well i believe in fairies as well as angels. we are here for procreation and we chose to be here. we choose what life we want to live. expierences. we live we die we choose again. (much more into that) after reading a book by sylvia brown it really changed on how i percieve things after we die.

proof of afterlife? ghosts, angels are proof enough for me. i myself have never experienced an angel(knowingly) but my daughter has. i have though experienced ghosts. can be scarey.

i don't think we are supposed to be trying to find out anything, other wise the correct info or some sorta guide book would be given to us at birth lol. although i find very interesting. we are not supposed to be worrying about what religion-ghosts-demons etc. and when is the end. who fucking cares! nothing we can do to stop it. there will not be much of a warning if any. i mean i do care if the world ends but what i am saying is there's nothing we can do for it except live our lives to the fullest.

i have so much i believe in that it's all mangled up and i'm still sorting it out.lol.

18. we actually only use like 8-10% of our brains..enstein used like 1% or 2% more and look what he accomplished! imagine if the world only used alittle more..we'd be able to fly..i believe there is a higher being and not this man in white watching over us..it's just an energy that exists all around us..energy cant be destroyed so when u die where does your energy(soul) go? i think if everyone just had faith without religion things might be more peaceful..pple who fight in the name of god are just using that as an excuse..religion can be useful only if it isnt abused. i think jesus was just a really intelligent man who might have known something we dont but the bible doesnt tell the whole truth..there is alot that the church is hiding from us.

19. your energy goes back into the earth and to the rest of the living things around your corpse.

20. i think there is no such thing as a god or anything because everyone has their own religion and shit like that and how can everyone be right if there is only ONE god? i think that in the olden days that they used to make up things like this and just made something up one day because they were bored and they came up with religion and i think that religion... all it does is try to sontrol you and it isnt going to control me!! fuck that shit!!! like when mormons cant go out on sundays? that is controling you!!!! dam!!!! fuck god!!!!