There is no evolutionary advantage to being tall (unless youre a giraffe)

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by gentleman, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When you make a thread that makes a claim such as this, its your job to back it up with evidence (sources).

Over 6 foot club ftw

Attached Files:

2. #62 By the Beard of Stew!, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
    nobody cares what you have to say because its all opinion. If you wanted a real argument, post some sources you fuck.

Sent from my burner

3. Because casual debates often stop to cite sources...
    it's not like I've stopped anyone from posting any of theirs

4. :rolleyes:

Sent from my burner

5. 160 posts in two days? take a nap or something

6. #66 turbotoke, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
    Evolutionary fitness is the measure of an organism's ability to survive and pass on their genes.  Your argument that in today's world being tall does not increase ability to survive is somewhat valid, but still arguable.  There is at least no immediately noticeable improvement in ability to survive, but there has to be a few occasions where it can help.  I won't get into any hypothetical examples, but larger size can intimidate others or give a slight one up in a fight.

This is not really an issue though because it has been proven that many women prefer their guy to be tall, therefore increasing the chance that a tall man finds a suitable female to procreate.  This improved chance to pass on his genes does in fact increase his evolutionary fitness, therefore being quite a strong advantage.

7. 6'2" and enjoying the view.

8. idgaf if most girls like tall guys. Im short and I have gotten mad pussy. In the end it doesnt really matter if your short or tall if you got a decent face and you can spit game you will have your penis in a vagina.

9. posting a thread and doing what you have done here is trolling and wont be tolerated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.