There is no "Best Rapper" but who ispires you and what do you feel and why?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Floweroflife, May 25, 2011.

1. Lets dig a little deeper here. There are many talented and beyond legendary hip hop artists and Emcees. All in all, there is only your view and opinion and who has inspired you. If you wanna flame about it, your posts will be deleted cuz this is about inspiration, coming together and what has touched your life thru the ups, downs and bends...Peace and Blast off...OneLove:devious:

2. Lupe Fiasco, Common, J. Cole, Nas, KnowMads, Common Market....all because they spit conscious lyrics that mean something to them and relate to the real world. They music because they love it and for no other reason. That's inspirational to me

3. Hands down, Tupac inspires me the most of all. Not only did his music sound good, but they all were deep and meaningful. He will always be respected in my eyes. He went through shit that he did not deserve, such as a rape charge that he did not commit, he went through SO much shit man. He fought through all the bullshit he went through and was always down to die as long as he stood up for himself. Tupac is truely, a one of a kind rapper.. R.I.P pac

4. #4 Entourage420, May 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2011
    kinda what Cberry said...

Nas and Lupe transcend other rappers. I listen to hip-hop because it's poetic, thoughtful, and because sick flow just inherently sounds good. These rappers do all three.

I really dig their individual personas as well. Nas is one part thug three parts street sociologist. Lupe is a nerdy karate kid who makes thoughtful rhymes and has some flow.

Basically, I dig their rhymes, their thoughtfulness, and their personas.

There are others who are great. Tupac, Biggie, and lots of newer talent hold a place in my heart. I just think people like Nas set the standard higher. Biggie and people make excellent and forever re-listenable songs. I can dig the passion and emotion that Tupac poured into his work. However, I think of Nas or Lupe as breakthroughs. They up the game by bringing intellect to the mic.

But enough dick riding for now. :)

5. *Poet

6. Nas, everyone of his songs paints such a vivid picture in my mind, even without the help of our little friend. Of all the top rappers, Nas definitely is on the top of the top when it comes to lyrics.

7. He is many things, a poet, rapper, actor, prophet, hero.. list goes on haha

8. I know mainstream is frowned upon but that's more up my alley, so I would have to say Eminem, without a doubt. I just love how he is so sincere in his lyrics and puts his entire being into his songs.

And I know he's not popular on here but I love the way Lil Wayne appeared out of nowhere one day and now dominates everything. I just don't forsee him runnin out of words to spit for a loooooooooong time.

9. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0qujGefqR4]YouTube - ‪Knowmads - Sunrise‬‏[/ame]

Just listen and enjoy

10. Eminem because I've been listening to him since I was 5 years old and his music's always been important to me (although I don't care as much for his new stuff sadly). I guess I've just identified with his lyrics.

A few songs, and even just some lines from Lil Wayne really inspire me. Songs like "I feel like I'm dying". and "me and my drank", "Will somebody please please double cup me
    And everybody please please don't judge me" love that line.

I totally understand why people would say artists like Lupe, Nas, and Tupac though.

11. Have you guys heard about Flipsyde? His music has lots of meaning, try him out!

12. eyedeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaa

13. #18 Floweroflife, May 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2011
    RIP Eyedea...

14. Phonte..hands down

15. Tupac for me too. I grew up listening to him, All Eyez on Me was one of the first albums I ever bought. My mom always gave me shit for listening to rap because of all the cursing :p It's just pure nostalgia for me, when I listen to Pac these days all those memories come rushing back.

Besides his music, he stayed real even after he made it big. And he could explain why he did what he did, he was eloquent and he never forgot where he came from.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWn4pomYbJg&feature=related]YouTube - ‪2pac RARE Interview with MTV **Full Interview** with Abbie Kearse‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVevJk-K6As]YouTube - ‪2pac - Christmass interview‬‏[/ame]