There is a Nightmare on Elm Street marathon today on Syfy...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by sandaclaus, May 25, 2012.

1. just letting poeple know, if they are bored, these movies were on...They are not showing number three, Dream Warriors, but its raining outside and not much to do. These are fun movies to have on in the background...I have always wanted to do a Santa story involving the horror genre, and don't think a popular one has been done before.

I saw the movie with Goldberg as SAnta ( forget the title) but that was more absurd than anything else. A lot of possibilities, and if anyone has any ideas, please feel free to share them here)

For instance, Sinterklaas takes the bad kids, puts them in a bag, beats them with a stick and sends them to Spain ( that was where Black people were)...Telling this from a "bad" kids perspective could be awesome, and scary as hell.

i am really bored today...felt like I haven't worked on this idea in a while.

2. Get past your idea and start a new idea that's more beneficial

3. Dream Warriors was part 4.

4. I don't have sci-fi but that's pretty cool.

Other christmas/santa horror movies are Don't Open Till Christmas and Christmas Evil

5. thanks...I will check them out. I just sent a few emails (feelers) to some companies in the horror film industry to see if they were interested in this concept...it can't hurt to ask...

by the way, I haven't seen Number 2 in a long time...its really cheesy.

6. I'm watching part 4 right now.

I like this series.

7. Quick question for everyone watching/have watched. I never saw the new 2010 reboot of the original, but is it exactly the same as the 1st in the series just updated?

8. #8 Plasma, May 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2012
    Black Christmas
    Silent Night Deadly Night

Those are both on top 20 list of greatest horror movies ever in my opinion. Also they played 1, 2, 4, 5.. Currently it's on Dream Child.

Sanda, I think you'll like "Silent Night Deadly Night"..

9. Also, yes it's pretty much first one re-done.. They try to put in a twist or two to make you think "Wait, is that really what happened?".. Remake 5/10.. Only because of the better cgi, but they tried to bring a new actor besides Robert Englund to take away from the sarcastic side of Freddy and it didn't work out very well.

10. Oh yeah there's also the Tales From The Crypt episode (it was in the 70's movie too) where an escaped mental patient serial killer is dressed as santa and terrorizing this woman

11. #11 sandaclaus, May 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2012

The film focuses on a young boy who, after witnessing his parents' brutal murder at the hands of a man clad in a Santa suit on Christmas, grows up tumultuously in a Catholic orphanage and slowly emerges into a spree killer himself. The film caused an uproar when released in 1984 during the holiday season, and has since developed a devoted cult following....
    Ridgemont, I like out it said the filmed caused an uproar. Do you know why?
    Also, it sounds like this movie has a mad men dressed in the Santa suit, and not actually Santa....That is what I am looking for...

P.S. Edited my avatar...Pic was when I worked at Haunted House in Manhattan. I called myself Satan Claus. Basically, it was my job to entertain the crowd waiting on line for two hours to get in...

12. Wondered when you were coming back....

13. I live on elm street bahahahaha

Like srsly the street names in my village are named after treees

14. A Nightmare on Elm Street 4 was The Dream Master. They skipped A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 which was Dream Warriors

15. I own all the movies in a box set :p

16. Why would you bump this? To make a mod have to close it? Unless if the marathon is on again. SMH