Theory

Discussion in 'General' started by adamp, Jan 30, 2008.

1. It's my opinion that, as Americans, we are confused and blinded by the media as to who to blame for wrong-doings during a presidential term. Look what happened in Bush's term: 911, war in Iraq, etc. Now every is angry at Bush, when really I think that the media has trained us to be angry at the president so that when a new one is elected most of our anger is suppressed and we have a better outlook on the country's future. I think that the President is really just a facade for the government; he's a face for the country but also takes the blame when something goes wrong (or right, I guess). This way, we never blame the actual government for the wrong-doings or claim that the the government is corrupt, we just say that it's the President's fault. What if the "government" is really making all the decisions, not the President. We can and will question the President, but not the government itself or as a whole. So it can continue it's regime, which might have been going for decades, without interruption from pesky citizens.

Anyway, it was kind of an epiphany that just popped into my head. I apologize if this has already been introduced and accepted as true, I just want your comments as to whether you think I'm just a nutjob or that there might actually be something here. Thanks.