Theory on music.

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by kokopelli, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Im really high and listening to some minimal techno and I had this thought:

Music is the expression of the fourth dimension: time. Music is represented by a pattern of energy(sound)/Time. There is a rhythm or cycle in everything in the universe, music is just our conscious ability to express ourselves through this new dimension.

2. :hippie::hippie::hippie:

:yummy:

Luckily you posted this while I was drunk, so the impact from the idea was even more profound.

3. What about music in "free time?" I believe it's an expression of the soul. Plus there's no way to figure out what tempo music is being played at unless you ask the person who made it. Even then, that perception of time can be interpreted many different ways. I love music discussions.

4. Music IS the expression of the fourth dimension, but you're making it sound so simple! haha, I was skeptical about this when I first read it, but then I had an "oh" moment, and I see where you're coming from.

5. music is AN expression of the fourth dimension.

what would make you think it's THE expression of the fourth dimension?

maybe im just being an overly critical, analytically driven stoner. If so, my bad.

6. you should read "This is your brain on music". great read.

7. Because it's part of the original marker of time. Think about it... Time is measured in seconds...what IS a second? About a heartbeat. We were our own clock back in the day. The average heart beats about 60 times a second... Music in "common time" is based on the heartbeat too. It's a natural rhythm that we're all comfortable with.