Theory on LEDs - Why they need CFLs to perform

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Syrious, Aug 21, 2009.

1. hey man, his move was dumb with the co2. but atleast my purches is growing me somthing to smkoe. and u act like i paid top dollar for my lights. i got my lights for a great deal i cant even say. so it wasnt a waist for me because i have a room with 4 girls that going to get me high. for how long? i dont know.lol. buts its steal smoke.

2. LEDs claim to save electrcity, becuase theyre more effecient at converting electrical energy, into light energy, your not plugging you plants into the power socket, theres a transducer inbetween converting one form on energy into another (Electricty -> Light)

that being said tho, i dont believe the 90w/400w comparison either, infact i dont believe half the bullshit LED salesmen claim, and i actually Use LEDs in my indoor hobby grow(and cfls with my homemade 3w LED panels). the grows are ok, but nothing compared to any of my WORST outdoor grows over the years

side by side comparison grows are nice, and quite respectable as a scientific aproach, but honestly, i think LED sellers hosting LED comparison is just laughable, and will never be taken seriously by a community of what is essetionaly paraniod/cynical people.

I think rumples proposel is pretty nice, and if you want a community to take somethig seriously... Let somebody the community respects do the test, hell it doesnt even have to be a side by side test, thousands of people have viewed the rumple guides, and trust what he ses.

3. #43 SmokinTrichs, Aug 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2009
    Give the Rumple dude a light for testing (I'm sure he'd give it back?), sounds like an awesome idea. He may not be the god of growing but he obviously knows how to grow a plant. I would personally be very interested to see his results with an LED light grow. Who am I? just some random noob...

But after all, that's half the people your market appeals to I'd suppose. Random noobs. Hey I actually need a main light right now so if Rumple showed your lights kick butt I'd give them a try. =) He's already saved me money on arguably better than retail products I made at home from his directions...

I think part of the point is, he's getting the same yield on less everything... from a bucket.
    He doesn't need your super system.

4. im in total agreement with him, he basically stole the words i was about to type. we all respect Rumple and if he gives it his stamp of approval, then alot of business is heading your way! and yea Rumple is no "god" but here on GC, he's the closet thing alot of us have to a teacher, he takes the time out to respond to noob questions so the man def has a following and alot of respect, if he grows using your light, then people are gonna mock that same grow liked i mocked his 400w grow. your right, dont give him the light, let him get it on your terms, i would honestly trust rumple to do the right thing and i have never met the man in person! i base that just on the fact of all the effort the man puts into spreading knowledge on this forum. just my 2 cents, i m a fan of the both of you's, especially hydro, any female who can grow buds like that gets my respect hands down. i do believe her light can grow, she really goes into detail behind the science of LED lighting but the truth is alot of people are going to be hesitant to buy these lights till they see someone like rumple do a grow with them.

be cool, no ill will or pun intended, i come in peace, dont chew my head off,

Bp:cool:

5. #45 Rumpleforeskin, Aug 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2009
    I can't engage in dialog with Hydro-Grow-LED without being called names and her getting mad. I voiced my concerns, state what I think is true and form an opinion. If I don't agree then I am "god like".

Most LED sales people are ripoffs and will say anything, I hope Hydro-Grow-LED is different.

Not sure how I can ask hard questions or post up my opinions without her wanting to bash me upside the head. Sorry I will leave it to you guys, not my style.
    Peace, R.

6. prosource called me and said they have a 350w led ready to ship to u for free. they would love u to test their product. supose to = a 1000W hps

7. I have a friend that bought some leds he has got alot of money tied up and his results are pitiful,he has a fancy aerogarden and so forth,alot of money invested he is a med grower,they love him at the hydro store for sure,if you are looking to buy a light and have never had a garden,i would sure not recommend led, the only people i have ever seen speak highly of leds are salesman,I love 400s,and have seen better success out of t-5s than you will ever see out of leds,take a look at what the big boys are using and you will see t-5s and hids period.

8. i couldnt think of a better person to grow with led thenRumpleforeskin. now we all can see if leds will work for sure or not. this light should have no problem doing better then his 400w hps if this led it = to a 1000w hps. i for one cant wait to see this grow. finally we have someone that we now can grow a shit load of dank with a 400w hid, and that can give all of us a fair and good opion on leds with this grow:hello:

9. AWESOME job getting this done, irishboy.

I've been growing outdoors and am setting up a 5x5 tent inside with 1250 watts of CFL's. I was going to jump headfirst into LED's, so this sort of test from a non-biased (no offense to Cammie at all), seasoned grower is EXACTLY what I needed to see. If this is successful, I'm all in!

10. It's true, but I see it changing soon.

See? We all <3 eachother. :gc_rocks:

11. OMG, Rumple did I hear you right? Did you say that guys bud is bigger then the one with you in it? Ummmm I don't think so. Rumple your bud is like twice as big (holy sheet!). You need glasses my boy. Send me some pleeezzzeee. Hiz bud is about half the size as yours and hiz looks burnt or something --would still smoke it though--

12. dude, thats pretty fucking cool of Prosource to do that, that means alot to me when a company is willing to do something like this, they are obviously not scared of the performance of their light, I too am doing a grow with a 180W and a 350W to see a yield comparison, but I allready know what they can do because i have a few friends using their 5-band lights now and they f'n rock. Take it and settle this debate once and for all rumpleforeskin.

13. I'm not experienced in using hid's or led's to grow cannabis, but from what i gather the led's aren't worth the money. I would rather pay for a hps over an led.

14. Rumple you should definitely take up that offer for the prosource LED. Let me know if its actually worth it and I would consider buying one too.

15. Ok, they are sending me one free. I will talk about it in my bucket thread or make a new one on the subject (or both). I am not indorsing Prosource LED at all, but... I have to say they have some giant balls. Lets see how it rolls out.
    Done here (again).
    R.

16. If it's so laughable, then why is it no other LED manufacturer is doing it? Probably because they're laughing at all the people buying their lights, without any proof that it works. Show me the other companies who actually put their money where their mouth is on their products with their own grows. It's going to be VERY difficult for you to find even ONE. So laugh all you want, but I'm literally the only company actually showing what my lights can do.

17. I can't wait until they get you their unit. At least you'll see first hand that LED tech works. It will be great for me as well, since I'll have an equally interesting test being run with one of our 126W LED's against ProSource's 180W UFO. Hopefully the tests will happen at the same time. That way, Rumple can show all of you what their LED does, and on another thread, IRISH can show you guys what my light does against ProSource. I guess if Rumple proves their light works, and IRISH proves my light works better, then I get everything I need, without having to send you an $1100 light, and the community has their answer.

18. I will be watching all of the threads. Interesting debate going here, one that is GREAT for the community IMO.

19. i still have a few weeks utill i harvest this grow. so i will still be a while for the test between the 126w vs the 180w. every thing will be =. may the best light win!

i am not doing this test in favor of any of these companys, but in favor of the growers wanting to buy leds, but dont know witch ones to buy out of the two companys.

each company will be able to chose how high i raise/lower their lights, and thats it!! ill chose every thing els but it will be 100% equal between the two.

20. Yep. For Sure.