Theory on December 21, 2012

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by FatDutchie, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Yup, it's 2012. And people are still just as intolerant as ever...even the people who are supposed to be "enlightened" by science :wave:

2. speak for yourself

3. Rename thread

"Hypothesis on December..."

A theory is something that has been tested Ans confirmed Ans generally accepted aas truth

4. nah a theory isnt necessarily commonly accepted and its defenitly not proven.

5. [quote name='"unsocialsmoker"']I feel like the end is near lmfao. I sound honestly crazy, but everything is going wrong in the world.[/quote]

Name a time when everything was going right.

6. the thing is that the scale of everything humanity does keeps growing.
    technological progress is outrunning social progress by far, if society doesnt catch up, its pretty much bound to create havoc within a couple of decades. theres a good chance that lots of people will survive that, but the general standard of living we enjoy in the "western world" is going to collapse.
    there will still be weed though. yay.

7. Us humans have lived for thousands of years, but we have not lived for the same purpose. What I'm talking about is our "way of thinking", its about how we view the universe. If everyone believes in one thing then it exists or is. What I believe is this way of thinking is the new world order. This thought process will become aware to people on December 21st.
    If you ask me what kind of thinking am I talking about. Then you need to look deeper in yourself and get more in touch with the universe because I truly can't help you there.
    *NOTE* I DO NOT think in any way the world will end. The world will continue but our way of thinking will be different to those who want it to be and the rest will die off

8. #48 yurigadaisukida, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2012
    Theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

lots of technical definitions i guess but a "theory" in science is something that is proven through objective experimentation.

a theory is fact once it is dubbed a theory. the reason is because a theory is based on an observation of cause and effect.

a theory can be updated but never disproven.

an example is the theory of gravity. no matter what we learn in the next million or so years, gravity will exist. even if one object someday fell up for some reason that would not disprove the theory, only suggest that some things can cause objects to fall up. the gravity is still there

9. the aboriginals are at 42 & 2, us at 44 & 2, and dec. 21, 2012 will spring us in to 46 & 2?

10. #51 cookiecrisp, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
    Why are the aboriginals considered to have less chromosomes than us?

That's a ridiculous assertion. All humans have 46 chromosomes, or else they wouldn't be Homo sapiens!

Well, people with Down syndrome have 47. Anymore than that, or any less that 46 means a fetus is terminated, or will die soon after birth.

11. Inb4 endless arguing

12. That doesn't mean the date loses its meaning.

13. dec 21, 2012 marks the new age, or the next stage of the procession of equinox. That's ALL it means. We already figured it out, the date is surely no sign of an apocalypse.. fuckin popculture media shenanigans it's so dumb. It's like a worldwide telephone game.

14. 2012 and people still believe god. :eek:

15. [quote name='"FatDutchie"']

That doesn't mean the date loses its meaning.[/quote]

Kinda does. Our calendar stops December 31, 2012

FUCK WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE

oh wait I just got 2013 edition hahah my b

16. The world is not ending its a new age

17. ...dude tl;dr. got a plane that day, long ass flight...hopefully nothing stupid wilk happen

18. [quote name='"Wax086"']...dude tl;dr. got a plane that day, long ass flight...hopefully nothing stupid wilk happen[/quote]

me too, just 3 hour flight but if shit does go down we're either one of the few survivors or fucked haha