Theory on December 21, 2012

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by FatDutchie, Sep 24, 2012.

1. The Mayan's just ran out of rock to write down the calender...

2. I'm still waiting for a big ass meteor to hit in December and fuck some shit up! All I know is ill be stoned in my bunker looking up hoping to see the cunt before it hits! The way the Middle East is with Iran its heading us all to WW3. 84 days if anyone's counting :/ good theory though OP.

3. why hide in a bunker when a big ass meteor hits earth? Id rather watch that thing fuck up this planet than suffocate or freeze to death in the days following the impact...

4. Notice that when he calls you childish you improve your spelling and start cracking out the big words.

5. Since when did a ancient Spanish Indian's
    opinion on the sun or calender or any other matter
    become a world wide importance?

6. It's just another day in the life of ...

7. The "truth" is your user name :D

8. Didn't we find out through additional scriptures that Dec 21, 2012 is the mark of the next stage of the procession of the equinox? It's when we're at the closest point of the center of the galaxy so we'll be exposed to stronger cosmic waves that many believe will cause a shift in consciousness (and some will go as far to say a DNA change as a result). The scary thing is the Mayans were like exact with the date of this new stage of the procession too :O
    There's simply no way it'd cause some huge worldwide effect in one day though..

9. INB4 "oh you mean you didn't feel it?" When nothing happens..

10. Oh you'll feel it alright... When those alien microbes implanted in your brain burst forth and surface on the planet of their birthright :eek:

But by then you too will emerge from your human exoskeleton as.... Wyrum, a curious creature from the spawns of a wormhole!!!

[​IMG]

11. This really scares me. Not the date, but the fact that people think so black and white. Either doomsday, or nothing. Really? What if there is just a pretty substantial galactic alignment happening that we do not know about since we lost most knowledge about the skies and stars?

The date is nothing more than an accurate prediction by the Mayans in that the Earth will complete its 26,000 year precessional cycle.

The big secret in this particular story is that we need not wait for the Winter Solstice in the year 2012 to recognize that we are entering into this time of profound transition. For according to the most recent astronomical calculations the Solstice Meridian actually coincided most precisely with the Galactic Equator between 1998 and 1999.

Just as the Earth's equator divides the planet into two hemispheres of North and South, the Galactic Equator is the astronomical term for the dividing line of the Milky Way, separating the Galaxy into two halves. Similar to the time of the Equinox when the Sun appears to cross the Earth's Equator and thus enters into a new hemisphere, so too in 1998 the Winter Solstice Sun began to cross over the Galactic Equator.

Considering that the Sun is so large (about one half a degree wide) and the motion is so slow, our Sun will not be completely across the Equator and fully into the new Galactic Hemisphere until 2018.

So we need to understand then that the Mayan 2012 date is simply an indicator to this 20-year period of transition – the birthing process of the New Age and the beginning point of the New Precessional Cycle of 26,000 years.

I find it almost the height of irony that the descendants of those white Europeans who came to the "New World" to bring enlightenment and salvation to the indigenous population, would now find buried here in some remote jungle a stone calendar/clock telling them what Time it is.

A calendar or clock not foreign to their own cultural background, but one that actually incorporates and fulfills their most expansive vision of cyclic Time, the Precessional Cycle. This "Great Year" was long known to the Sumerians, Babylonians, Egyptians and the ancient Greeks but lacked a point at which it began or ended. Somehow down through the Ages that knowledge had been lost.

Perhaps the greatest gift the Mayan culture has given our world is the Zero Point to the Precessional Cycle of 26,000 years. Through the 2012 date in their calendar, they have indicated the importance of the Galactic Equator and it relevance to the Precessional Cycle, thus giving us the ability to now pinpoint the exact Time on our Galactic Clock.

Over the span of the 20 year transitional period as the Solstice Sun crosses the Galactic Equator and moves in to a new hemisphere, we will indeed witness the falling away of the old structures and the birthing of the new. For those who have eyes to see we are actually witnessing the birth of a planetary civilization.

And the very logistics involved in this process will determine that the old values of the Nation States which was primarily based on competition and exploitation will have to eventually give way to a collaborative effort, where cooperation will be the dominate social value. This will arise not out of some new political, social or economic theory but the very desire of the human species to continue to survive and be successful.

12. Wow, well said ^^

Is that from you or quoted??

13. This is human-55931746450XX. Searching for consensus. Consensus cannot be reached. Waiting... Waiting... Waiting... Consensus reached.

All I care about 21122012 is that there's going to be a lot of humans looking around our world for change on that day.

14. Fact: the MAYAN calandar is an agricultural calendar.

Fact: mynas don't grow corn. Mynas are birds.

Fact: most people believing the world will end on this date can't spell archaeopteryx.

Fiction: this isn't a troll thread.

15. I feel like the end is near lmfao. I sound honestly crazy, but everything is going wrong in the world.

16. I feel like were on the edge of a revolution!

17. I highly doubt the world will end just because some calendar says so. Not trying to turn this into a religious debate in any way, but a lot of people say the world ends due to some godly feeling or way they interpreted a scripture or some piece of writing. Which always has a good chance of being rough in translation lol. (For example, I can't quote it specifically seeing as I am not religious, but a small section reads "I Will Walk With You Till The End of The Aeon" Which, "Aeon", was misinterpreted as "World", instead of "Age" meaning a Zodiac Sign in which were in pisces (An age is over every 2150 years from what I am aware of). I've noticed this along with the mayan theory has a lot of people buggin) To much conspiracy behind whether the Mayans are right, and I've seen some crazy bible thumping tom-foolery over it :p I think were all safe, the ideas are just meant to scare. But this is all my own opinion, we could all burn up on December 21st who knows. Definitely some interesting ideas to be thrown around.

18. I never said the world was going to end... did you even read my post?

19. I have, but a common theme with december 21st is the world ending physically and becoming the end of us, or being the end of the world as we know it (I.E. We get sent back to times with no power, no communication, living how humans used too) I'm fairly certain this also says Theory on December 21st 2012, that was also a theory ;)

20. ...man, can we just stop all the GOD bullshit already??? ....GODDAMN!!! :mad: ...PICK UP A FUCKING SCIENCE BOOK here in 2012, FUCK..... makes me ashamed of being human!