Theory of Sentimental Mass

Discussion in 'General' started by Trocious, Dec 19, 2006.

1. So, the other night me and my pal had finished a blunt and a few bowls. I got to thinking about the law of attraction, and since that for the most part, it works, that there must be some scientific backing to this. So I thought of this theory.

Sentimental Gravity = {G(sentimental gravitational constant) * Mass 1 (sentimental) * Mass 2 (sentimental) } / d (distance away average) * t (time away)

I was thinking of making a scale from 1-10 on how important an object or thing is to a person. This would be a sort of multiplier, or the gravitational constant. I would rate the object on the scale, then use GPS tracking on the person and the object to see their relation in distance and time until they meet again. I'm sure there would be a correlation between the person and the object, and maybe even an orbit. How amazing would that be to actually find a relationship that proves all that, that the universe is really all connected and intertwined?

2. Its a cool thing to think about but all the things your talking about have no way of being measured. For example: Is someone's sentiment for something the same if their sober or on ecstasy? Plus theres thousands of kinds of sentiment. Why would mass and distance matter at all? If your 2 miles from your girlfriend as opposed to 20 times as far do you feel 10 times as close to her... I dont at all. And anything that ranges on a scale cant be a constant (since it ranges), the gravitational constant is a set number that just makes the numbers make more sense and cancels units out (im a physics minor). Its trippy to think about things like this high tho, cool ideas.

3. Yeah, looking back on it... I just changed the equation for the force of gravity with planets and people and everything with the words sentimental and a few other changed things.

4. so i guess the two of you are talking about 2 different things

i think that you are talking about how to measure the actual gravitational force that is given by a certain object

if that is true then yes it is measureable. i am not a physics student, though sometimes i think i would like it cuz im good at math and science. but i think that there is a formula for measuring the gravitational pull of any individual object by getting its weight and size.

actually i would like to learn more about that shit.

5. i love sci shit but not when im high makes me lose my buzzzz