Then I almost got killed

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Try_The_Indica, Nov 21, 2019.

1. #1 Try_The_Indica, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Well not quite, but somebody with a weak heart might if this happens to them.

So I'm growing in a rented trailer. Whole one end of the trailer is on one circuit breaker, but it's a newish trailer. New enough that they have ground fault interupters oin the kitchen.

I turn on my lights, they're on for a minute then that whole end of the trailer goes dark. Ahh, no problem. Blew a breaker. I go back to the breaker box and none are tripped.

OK, weird. Now what the fuck. I go back out and flip a light switch OFF, in the affected area. The veg LEDs blink ON for a split second. OK, something is seriously fucked up, now the place might burn down at any point, and guess what they find in the rubble. A felony, as many as they can think up. I remove the ghetto bare porch light and turn the porch light switch off. Thinking it may have water in it. Everything returns to normal for a day.

Nexy morning, same bullshit. I take the last light I plugged in and run it to the furthest plug from that end of the trailer. Everything gets fine again. I Google the problem and apparently it's a weird phenomenon when gfci is on the same circuit daisy chained to the rest.

Today I remove all of them. Never liked them to begin with, since they first came out. Not needed! Just take the shock like a man.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Good luck moving forward bro!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. I don't understand what you're talking about...but like...I dunno. Get better cables, install new outlets where you connect to, get a breaker board someplace in the middle...new globes. Check out your ballast...if those are still a thing? If your outlets are outside, make sure they're protected from rain.

• Like Like x 1

4. Trailer was golfing with flames...nothing I could do.

the flames were golfing out the roof out the door, golfing

5. Sounds like it's time to rewire the areas right from the box to outlets. I run dedicated electric just for growing, every light and fan is on it's own line, this way I know I'm not overloading breakers.