ThEbLuEMaGoO's Outdoor Grow, Take #2

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by ThEbLuEMaGoO, Mar 29, 2012.

1. magoo you gonna clone these? or make some seeds of them?

2. Deff gunna clone if I don't get any males, 30 year old genetics are too good to waste lol

3. i tried to upload the pics and it said an error occured because the pics already exist on my journal. so if ya got time man just check my journal out. there should be a link for it below

4. Will do bro, gotta go check my girls too it got pretty fuckin cold last night, fingers crossed but they should be fine.

5. when the plant is smaller the leaves look more short and stout i guess. my widows are pretty young still. maybe when they get older they will get longer sativa like lookin leaves.i think thats what had me confused. last year all i grew was sativa. my bad man

6. Well we've had three consecutive nights of hard weather here where I am, nothing over freezing and last night dropped to 27 degrees. I was certain nothing was gunna make it, but I was happily suprised to see both my girls looking alive and well this morning! I topped the more sativa looking one and continued my LST on both.

7. [quote name='"ThEbLuEMaGoO"']Well we've had three consecutive nights of hard weather here where I am, nothing over freezing and last night dropped to 27 degrees. I was certain nothing was gunna make it, but I was happily suprised to see both my girls looking alive and well this morning! I topped the more sativa looking one and continued my LST on both.[/quote]

True it's been chilly, weather is shooting into the 80s around wed/thurs

I'll be putting the germed seeds in soil today :D

Idk if I wanna journal tho

8. It's nice and warm during the day but the temps just plummet overnight, this is an example of what the frosts did to a random test seedling I put out 2 days before this stretch of cold snaps, totally deformed and is now growing sideways lol. I don't know how my plants managed to shake it off but I'm not complaining

Attached Files:

9. WTF? The frost didn't do anything like that to my seedlings. Are you sure it isn't a ph problem? That soil looks awfully hard and unforgiving.

10. [quote name='"mjmama25"']WTF? The frost didn't do anything like that to my seedlings. Are you sure it isn't a ph problem? That soil looks awfully hard and unforgiving.[/quote]

Mj, I'm putting my freshly germed seeds in soil outside today.

The next two days it's gonna rain some , will that be fine? (they're not sprouted yet)

11. [quote name='"LankySwag"']

Mj, I'm putting my freshly germed seeds in soil outside today.

The next two days it's gonna rain some , will that be fine? (they're not sprouted yet)[/quote]

Yeah seedlings love rain as long as its not torrential flooding, lol. Think about how most seedlings in nature start growing up in spring during the rainy season.

12. It is hard and unforgiving soil lol Its the native clay soil. It was an experimental seedling to see just how bad the soil actually is. But it didnt look anything like that before these frosts hit. Now I know though, my dads been teeling me that I'm putting to much effort into my girls and that MJ will grow in any enviornment, and this was just to show him that hes too hands-off with his old school plant and ditch approach.

13. It has been damn cold almost every night, too cold! Hoping to have mine out Friday maybe, chillin in the window sill now :)

14. [quote name='"mjmama25"']

Yeah seedlings love rain as long as its not torrential flooding, lol. Think about how most seedlings in nature start growing up in spring during the rainy season.[/quote]

That's what I thought :D

Is it alright to water out of a bottle instead of squirting it out of a spray can?

15. I havnt even watered mine yet and they've been out for almost a month. Everytime it gets to be watering time it starts raining lol

16. You gotta be careful when you water out of a bottle not to expose the roots of the plant, it's better just to spray them gently for a while until theres no risk of digging them up by accident.

17. Started a new job and I havn't been out to my spot in 3 days, got home today and headed out there to get some pics for you guys. I was so happy when I saw both my girls greeting me with their heads sticking about two inches above the pot rim, we're cooking with gasoline now ladies and gentlemen. I have begun LSTing the side shoots of the Indica (which now has 9 fingered leaves!) but my phone died before I could take pictures.

Attached Files:

18. lookin good man. u could bury them pots couldn't you? to be more stealth. those are gonna be some nice bushy plants!

19. Yeah I might be able to bury them but my only concern is the clay-soil around here holds water, and if I dig that big of a hole (and I have in the past for unrelated reasons) it literally fills up with water in hours. If anyone can propose a way to stop this I'd appreciate it.

20. Forget the pots, they only hold you back. Remember, this is a 6 month commitment, might as well go big. Dig up the clay soil 3 ft deep and 4 ft wide (if you want monsters) otherwise 2 and 3, respectably. Mix 50/50 with perlite. Add ammendments (meals and composts) and you're set.