ThEbLuEMaGoO's Outdoor Grow, Take #2

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by ThEbLuEMaGoO, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Well I recently acquired a nice ass bonzai pot and I've been dying to try it so I figured what better to use than weed lol. Bonzaiing is pretty much keeping a plant small but healthy by restricting root growth with a small pot and by hand trimming the roots. My dad has some experience and has had beautiful plants in the past. I'll take a picture tomorow of an asian silk tree that is as old as me but shorter! or maybe the japanese maples lining our walkway that we brought from our old house. sorry for rambling, I'm high.

2. [quote name='"ThEbLuEMaGoO"']Well I recently acquired a nice ass bonzai pot and I've been dying to try it so I figured what better to use than weed lol. Bonzaiing is pretty much keeping a plant small but healthy by restricting root growth with a small pot and by hand trimming the roots. My dad has some experience and has had beautiful plants in the past. I'll take a picture tomorow of an asian silk tree that is as old as me but shorter! or maybe the japanese maples lining our walkway that we brought from our old house. sorry for rambling, I'm high.[/quote]

It's cool bro, :smoke:

You sound like you'd fit in perfect w my fam, plant lovers / master gardners

My friends got a bonzai plants, and it looks just like weed leaves

3. [quote name='"ThEbLuEMaGoO"']So I thought this was post worthy, I just had a father-son bonding moment while my dad was checking out my plants. He has agreed to smoke this bud with me IF I can top his yeild/potency with his seeds! I'm thinking I've got this one in the bag, since he seeded out his plants when he grew (didn't even know how to tell male from female:rolleyes: )Mind you he hasn't been high in 20 years, I'm gunna roll the fattest blunt on earth and send him to the moon :) :) :)[/quote]

My mom got sick when she smoked modern strength bud. I hope your dad can hang, lol. The plants are coming along nicely BTW.

4. Hahaha yeah I remember even I got sick when I smoked my first blunt, I might just roll him a spliff to start with haha, I'm sure he wont be able to have just one :p

5. With temps at mid 40's at night, I decided it was time to move outside (although I will be vegging the smallest of the 3 seedlings inside, hoping to bonzai it). I posted a thread in the outdoor growing section with pictures of my camo 20 gallon pots.

6. Plants are out one day in the new plot and I have a blue and yellow helli flying about 60ft up cruising along all slow. Am I just being paranoid or does there seem to be no helicoptors until I plant?

7. No way they see ur camo pot, especially since theyre just sprouts.

8. well there pretty bushy sprouts already. but I know I'm just being paranoid lol

9. #49 mjmama25, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012
    [quote name='"ThEbLuEMaGoO"']With temps at mid 40's at night, I decided it was time to move outside (although I will be vegging the smallest of the 3 seedlings inside, hoping to bonzai it). I posted a thread in the outdoor growing section with pictures of my camo 20 gallon pots.[/quote]

Sweet! Everyone knows I'm a huge fan of camo pots. Good luck with those. Glad to see another GC member using them. Same size as mine and everything! I'll have to check out your thread.

Edit-you're funny. Just looked at the thread. I thought you meant the brand camo pots. Nice job camouflaging your own pots though, lol.

10. #50 ThEbLuEMaGoO, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012

Haha glad you like them! I'm not on a huge budget ATM (and by that I mean no budget) so I used what I had on hand. I've got some updated pictures, it's been cloudy and rainy for a couple days but temps are hitting 70 tomorow with sun so no worries :) Do you think 20 gallons is sufficient for a lb each? I mean from what I've seen MJ roots dont actually get that big after a certain point, but if need be I'll transplant to 50 gallon drums for the lb each goal. Also a pic of some bizzare hair I found at my site a few days ago. It looks like no other animal hair I've ever seen. It's all white and scraggly like beard hair or BIGFOOT hair. I burnt a little piece and it's deff. fur of some sort. It was about head height in a thorny tree-bush. any ideas? Annd the Helicoptor I was talking about. Taken from my back deck as it flew over my plot :l

Attached Files:

11. [quote name='"ThEbLuEMaGoO"']
    Haha glad you like them! I'm not on a huge budget ATM (and by that I mean no budget) so I used what I had on hand. I've got some updated pictures, it's been cloudy and rainy for a couple days but temps are hitting 70 tomorow with sun so no worries :) Do you think 20 gallons is sufficient for a lb each? I mean from what I've seen MJ roots dont actually get that big after a certain point, but if need be I'll transplant to 50 gallon drums for the lb each goal. Also a pic of some bizzare hair I found at my site a few days ago. It looks like no other animal hair I've ever seen. It's all white and scraggly like beard hair or BIGFOOT hair. I burnt a little piece and it's deff. fur of some sort. It was about head height in a thorny tree-bush. any ideas? Annd the Helicoptor I was talking about. Taken from my back deck as it flew over my plot :l[/quote]

That's creepy. It probably blew there in the wind or something but it would freak me out a little, lol. I was terrified of bigfoot as a kid, hahaha. My aunt used to take me for long drives in the mountains and tell me Bigfoot stories. She swears she saw one shaking a huge tree, lol. I've always been skeptical, but it still messes with your head when your out in the woods alone.

I wouldn't trip about the helicopter. It looks like its just flying past, not down low looking for anything. Plus your plants are pretty well hidden.

12. Theres this one patch of woods that I have thats just all old hemlock and white pine trees. Walking through there is so creepy when your by yourself because its always dusk even if its noon lol and the wind makes everything sound like it's sneaking up on you. I'm thinking the helicoptors are following the NYS thruway thats close to my house, I guess they patrol for speeding because I've seen signs that say aircraft are used.

13. So this is my other little side project, it was the runt of the litter that you guys saw in the beginning couple posts, I kinda had it on the back burner while my other two plants hogged up all the light. Now that it's by itself it's showing some real character, and I'm thinking if I don't put it out for summer I might bonzai it and maybe make a mother plant for an indoor winter grow? that's if it's a girl of course, if not I'll pollinate some buds of my other girls for seed stock. I'm going a little LST happy on this one, I wanna see some crazy stem shapes in this things future :)

Attached Files:

14. Just transplanted to final(?) 20 gallon pots.

15. Got some pictures, looking good day after transplant, I'm amazed that the roots were almost filling the one gallon pots already.

Attached Files:

16. what is the weather like in your area? how cold is it getting at night? just trying to get an idea of when to put mine out

17. Im in eastern new york and as of last night it was getting down to about 35 degrees but the weathers on an upswing now, looking at 65-82 for the next week and lows of about 45-55 at night.

18. huh thats similar to the weather here, maybe i should be getting mine out

19. Yeah if it's gunna hold go for it. And I was always so worried about my girls getting cold lol, They can handle mid 30's easily if theres no actual frost. Never knew that till now.

20. Side note: The one indica dominant plant is showing very intresting leaf blade numbers, I've got one leaf with 7 blades and one leaf with 5 on the same node, on the lower nodes I have one side that has 5 fingers and one side that has 3, anyone got an explination?