thebigglad's CFL closet grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by thebigglad, Sep 22, 2009.

1. HOLY SHIT I just had filet mingnon wrapped in bacon:hello:Whats good Gc? Well I've been reading and browsing through this site for the last couple months now. As of a week and a half ago I decided that after doing research for a while now that I was ready to take the leap and start my own grow. This is my first grow, I have an idea of what im doing, but thats not to say that advice wouldn't help in the process.

Getting down to the basics, this is my first grow- and I plan on using CFL's throughout the entire process. This grow will be done in my closet, where the plants will have of room to grow. To tell you a little bit about my set-up i'm running-

9 27watt 5500k CFL's
    massive box fan for cooling
    CPU fan to strengthen stems
    organic potting soil i picked up at the local store (the guy said that it was good for growing tomatoes but had an NPK of 1-1-1) -does this mean I need to start nutes pretty soon?
    haven't purchased nutes yet (thinking of miracle grow all purpose as reccommened by augustwest in the pinneapple CFL
    grow I have been following)

Currently I have 2 plants in regular sized beer cups, both were planted last monday making them a week old as of today. I have had them on a 24/0 lighting schedule, but I'm planning on switching to 18-6 as of tonight. I uploaded a few pictures to give you an idea of what I'm working with and how big the plants are. I haven't run into any promblems and the plants looks extremly healthy. I will upload updated pictures in a few days. Peace out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. anyone have any idea on how i make these pictures less obnoxious and smaller haha?

3. #3 thebigglad, Sep 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2009
    Update
    Whatsup GC! The plants are doing well everything seems good to me, I'm even impressed I took some sick shots with a digital family camera. its so fucking frustrating to focus those cameras. Anyways, as of last night I switched them to an 18-6 lighting schedule, I turned the lights off at 1am last night and turned them on again at 7am. When I woke up at 7am though I noticed that light was coming in through the windows which could have penetrated the closet door and considering they are supposed to have complete darkness thats not a good thing. They will be fine, but as of tonight when I turn the lights off I moving them to my bathroom and I'm shutting the door (complete darkness from 1-7)-making it an 18-6 lighting schedule. I'm thinking about setting up a small PCU fan to accompany the 2 plants in the bathroom to strengthen there stems and give them a cool and comfortable place to rest.

The plants, even though they were planted last Monday midday (9 days old) seem to be pretty small. One of the plants seems to be significantly taller than the other and has frosty and purple marked leaves. it looks like both plants are definitely different strains though, one seems to be a Sativa possibly, and the other an Indica (based on height). its definitely too early too tell though

By the look of the pictures when do you guys think I should transplant out of the beer cups? Both plants seem to be developing there second leaf set, but still remain relatively short. I moved the lights a little farther away to give the plants some growing room. Also, I'm using a soil that has an NPK ratio of 1-1-1, which means that the soil is nutrient-less right? I think I'm going to buy miracle grow all purpose this weekend and start nutes come Monday or Tuesday.
    Hope these pictures are better than the last ones.
    Peace out.

Plants 9 Days Old
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. fuck its annoying these pictures are so big sorry can someone tell me how to make them into thumbnails?