The Xbox 360 Box grow.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by HighFromDallas, Oct 31, 2010.

1. I covered the inside of my xbox 360 box with foil and put a cup with soil and 3 germinated seeds in and watered. Have a few questions I couldn't specifically find, as well as a lot others I'm sure on the way.
    1. When should I start the lighting process? When it first breaks the soil?
    2. How often should I water as seeds, as plant, and when should I stop watering? I plan on sea of greening it when it's about to outgrow the box, and am un-sure when to stop watering.
    3. What screw in lights work the best? It's all I can use right now, no hanging lights or anything.
    4. I currently have soil and seeds, as far as growing the actual weed concerns, should I buy nutrients, or see how it goes before I do?

I am completely open for discussion on any topics I may need to know, materials I might need(small budget!!), different ways to grow, tips, comments, suggestions or anything. Help me learn, so I can hop on this carousel and never pay for hq bud again!

2. i'm about to start my first grow, but I've been doing a lot of reading of late, a couple of questions:
    by xbox 360 box do you mean you've gutted your console and are growing inside that, or the cardboard box it comes in?

Lighting: Yeah start right away on 18/6 or 24/0... different people recomend different things. the first number is hours on, second number is hours off.
    Screw in lights you want cfl's- compact flruoescents... the coiled flruo globes. Look for 6400k for veg- that's the warm daylight ones. You want more than 1, probably as many as you can fit.
    Water: look around the various grow journals, can't remember off the top of my head. You water all through it's life-cycle... good rule of thumbis only water when the first 1.5 inches of soil is dry(?) check me on that though.

Nutes: Won't need them in the seedling stage but you will need them soon.

Final note: Are you sure you want to grow in THAT small a space? A cardboard box in a closet or an old computer case would give you more room to play with... it's not impossible to grow something viable in that size (ccheck out the 'drop of green micro grow, it's amazing), but your yeild will be small and your challenges many...

I'm starting my first grow in an old kitchen cabinet, with a meter (3 feet) of height, and even then I'll be LSTing and not vegging too long, simply to contain the growth.

3. 1. Start the lights whenever you want; some say during germ, some like myself say when it pops above the soil, but you gotta watch it more closely that way.
    2. NEVER water seeds you just planted, just let them be until after they sprout. They shouldn't need any water fore a few days after that also, but feel the cups weight and do the finger check test to be sure. And SOG is more for large grows, this is too small of a space to do that properly.
    3. Compact Florescent (CFL) - 6500k for veg, 2700k for flower. Mix them together for the best results. 100 watts for the first plant, 50w for each additional.
    4. You don't need nutes, but they make your bud so much better. But you could look into organic "fertilizers" as well.

BTW, get each seed into it's own pot, 3 in one is a root mess waiting to happen.

4. The box it comes in.
    It needs to not be seen, and I didn't mean SOG per say, I will be cutting the time short and flowering early.

5. Just looked and a little over 2 days we have first sproutings. Watered it and will turn the lights on for their 18/6 light schedule. I'm very excited to see where this goes.

6. I'm actually interested to see your setup. Post a pic when you can.

7. Same here, I might consider doing something like this lol

8. I will try to find a way to post pics in a bit, but I need opinions. I have the plant growing in the 360 box, but I am not sure I have the right type of light. I have a lamp and it's on the 18/6 schedule, but I am not sure if it's right. What light bulbs should i buy? I plan on using 2 light bulbs unless 1 would still work. I'm going to try and grow it to about the top of the box then switch to 12/12 and let it flower.
    Please post either links/pics or info on the light bulb and where to buy it.

9. Dude you are setting yourself up for failure. A plant doubles to triples in size during flowering, a box isn't big enough to hold a pot, lights and the plant. Get a new grow area going or abandon ship, because you are really wasting your own time ha. And what kind of light are you running btw?

10. Currently using a 60 watt cfl, and this is all for experience and just trying to learn, so I am not too worried about what will happen. I am going to see what happens, and then make my decisions.

11. Ahh no problem with that then.

12. Probably going to keep it in the box, and grow 2 in the PC case next time. But I have a question again. How should I know when to flower? I need not run out of space(it's in an xbox box), and would like to flower early.

13. It's up to you when to start flowering, no one can tell you that answer. You can veg for a month, while training the shit out of it and keep it short, or veg for only a few weeks and flip, it's all up to what you want to do.

14. Hey guys here are the pics finally:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. That is amazing dude!

16. 2 things:

1. I hope you are not using aluminum foil to line that thing...just go to your dollar store and buy those emergency blankets for camping and use it instead

2. Fill that pot w/ soil cuz when your plant grows, the roots need all the room it can get.

17. You should start flowering from now since you don't have much space to work with.. And I agree fill that cup all the way with soil or transplant to a cup filled with more soil. And If you can't or don't want to buy security blanket but a can of flat white spray paint and paint the inside of the box foil is not as reflective as it seems and creates hot spots. One more thing since you don't have much light you need to get that lamp real close to that plant or it's gonna stretch really bad.

18. one thing that is true when growing: you get out what you put into it (or less)

19. no offence and good luck,but i was expecting to see something awesome with a xbox-box..but all you did was cut the top off:poke: