The Worst Part of My Growing Experience: Anticipation

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Dr. Dave, Feb 4, 2023.

1. At day 20, my fifth grow is about to finish her 3rd week of flowering and she seems to be setting up nicely. This one has been trouble-free, just adding water and a few dry ammendments. It's the WAIT that's killin' me! Four to five more weeks to go, uggghhhh! If only we could add an ammendment that ripened them perfectly within 24 hours of application!
    Strain: LA Confidential by ILGM
    Medium: Coast of Maine's Stonington Platinum Grower's Mix (certified organic)
    Plan "A" ammendments: Com's dry Plant Food, Castings and Bone Meal.
    Plan "B" ammendments: Com's Liquid Squid
    Light: Mars Hydro TS2000 @ 19" from canopy
    Environment: 3x3 Indoor Tent

Happy Growing Everyone - Have a Great Weekend.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Beautiful canopy.

Don't rush the chop! You will thank yourself later.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. I am impatient as can be and the garden is great therapy for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. from memory flowering period 2 months add another for veg thats 3 months total
    consider adding a quick auto to the mix that you can harvest waiting for this one, most autos are done in 2 months or less, I do this as I like to grow many sativa's, that take much longer, the autos 'get you thru' as you wait for the main crop

good luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. I get anxious over an amazon delivery, so do the math. :metal: I grew that same strain/seed & it was a favorite. well worth waiting for imo, + it aint nice to rush Mother nature.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. by my 5th grow i finally nailed it too great job!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Thank you, I will definitely be doing close inspections of the triches.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I have never grown an auto and I have questions about them: how potent can they be? Given such a short grow cycle and the ruderalis component, do autos rival photos in potency and if you're telling me they do, please tell me where to get the best auto seeds.
    Everyone seems to love autos, so it's time to get educated. I appreciate any help you could provide - thanks.

9. I like autos to have something headed to harvest thru the season and tho they can be stubborn at times for me to get started, the smells, taste and potency is there. Those can vary I’m sure with quality. The best strains/seed? There’s just so many choices and opinions but just read around and see what others are doing. The people in the Auto thread that @Organic sinse has here are well versed into autoflowers. Make threads and the growers will show up as well.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. #10 Vee, Feb 5, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    get them - grow them - toke them ...you wish you did ..lol

read up autos at GC

later when you got the 'skill' leave growing photoperiodic's (photos) to landrace only
    the landrace being the original strain, of years back ..you see the immediate quality

cheers

• Like Like x 2
  11. Thank you - heading there shortly.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. You’ll find a lot of Autos discussion on this forum. When I joined I didn’t know what they were and grow them every season now tho I still enjoy the photos too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. growing autos? think it out first like whats happening to the autos once you flip the autos to 12x12

the deal being the autos are done before you flip, often you can be caught out

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yea, I’m an outdoor grower. I’d guess under lights photos can be autos in the sense of controlling the time at flower.

• Like Like x 1
  15. as an indoor grower now, you can only "control" when you flip them. (photos) the insects and torrential rain most afternoons in summer chased me indoors, here in Fl.