The Worlds End

Discussion in 'Movies' started by spillee86, Jul 30, 2013.

1. The third in The Blood & Ice Cream Trilogy.

And it's fucking brilliant.

Thoughts?

(Also - little side note. In the opening shot where it shows them smoking near that big blue metal box at the school, that's where me and my mate go to blaze at night, which is pretty cool.)

2. I'm going to see it some time this weekend. Probably blaze before going.

3. Saw it high with my mate, we thought it was a really good film

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Yeah I watched it sober but my mate got high beforehand and said it was creepy as fuck, so I'm gonna get blazed and hit it up next week.

5. looks like we the unfortunate in the US will have to wait another three months or so

6. I would say its the least funny of the 3 but also the smartest and most well made, I still laughed my ass off at points though, especially the whitey bit, that was fucking hilarious.

I was pretty stoned when I watched it so I may need to revisit it in the future and see what its like when I'm sober.

No it comes out 8/23 in the US.  Can't wait to see this movie.

8. looks good....simon pegg never fails

9. I wish I lived in Britain just so I can see it now.

10. I watched it sober and thought it was alright..., but after watching it whilst high, WOW! Incredible.

-billygone

11. The World's End was a really good movie. It was one of my favorites I've seen this summer, I've seen all the big movies pretty much. This one would have to be in my Top 3 of the summer. Along with This is the End and Star Trek Into Darkness. This had some of the best writing of the summer. It surprised me a lot with some of the revelations in the plot and the what kind of characters Nick Frost and Simon Pegg played this time. It was kind of like a mix between Hott Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead. I honestly would like to see another sequel to this series at some point it has to be one of the most solid Trilogies of all time in my opinion. If you like any of Edgar Wright's movies or Simon Pegg and Nick Frost you will like it I'm pretty sure. If you haven't watched any their other movies or aren't fan I don't think you will enjoy it as much. I don't know if it was the best in there Trilogy though. I have watched Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz after and I would say they are on pretty level ground.

Go see it if you are interested.

12. I remember trippen out on the giant tree falling in the movie Avatar.

13. Never saw Shaun of the Dead. Loved Hott Fuzz though. Would be willing to see this, especially since people seemed to like it, just not love it.

14. Try to watch Shaun of the Dead before you see it. Just adds another level to viewing the new one.

15. The trilogy is definitely worth watching in order. Not that it runs chronologically or involves the same characters or anything but based on the jokes and references used throughout it's definitely worth going from Shaun Of The Dead -> Hot Fuzz -> The World's End.

I'm not massively into movies but this is one trilogy I'm stuuuuuuupidly geeky about, and they're definitely those films that get better on the third, fourth, fifth watching. For example, it's not obvious from the first viewing but all 3 films pretty much sum up the whole plot in an early scene (SOTD reveals everything that happens in one simple short bit of dialogue between Pegg and Frost in the first 15 minutes of the film).

I don't want to give anything away, and there's obvious running jokes with the Cornettos and fence gags, but there's subtle things thrown into each film that give it that little bit of geeky fandom and help complete the trilogy (again, for example, pay attention to the sound of the fruit machine when it gives Frost the payout in SOTD...)

For those who haven't watched all three, I can definitely suggest a marathon evening of busting out the trilogy in one go to get the full Blood & Ice Cream experience. 

[​IMG]

16. Heard it was pretty good. I loved shaun, hot fuzz was boring. Still gotta check out Paul sometime. 

17. I heard this was pretty funny, but do you have to have seen the previous 2 movies to follow along??

18. You do not have to but it is worth seeing the previous two. It isn't a direct through line that connects the movies it has more to do with thematic elements, and jokes, and blood, and beer, and a certain brand of British ice cream called Cornetto. It stands on it's own but it is much stronger of a movie if you watch the other two and enjoy them.