The world runs on greed

Discussion in 'General' started by OriginUnknown, Dec 10, 2010.

1. I'm quite lifted right now and I just thought about how earth is fueled by greed. People disregard the well being of others just to get a bit ahead. Oil is a multi-billion dollar industry and they will not look for another source of energy until oil is depleted, not caring about the condition of our earth. When earth is ruined and we have the technology we will gradually corrupt other planets, never learning. Pharmacies over prescribe drugs to people who don't even need them just so they can sell more. Pharmacies can't make money off cannabis so they don't want it legal. People are so attached to money and false happiness that they forget the good things in life and neglect to notice how the world is being destroyed around us. The World will not be at all a good place for our children when are finally dead. Obesity rates are extremely high and constantly increasing because fast food and junk food industries are making massive profits off of parents laziness and kids poor healthy living education. Hell even charities take most of the money for themselves when you think you are helping out some little kid you are really just putting money into some corporate asshole's pockets. The world is fueled by greed and is a huge shit storm gradually getting worse, but at the scale of things its so hard to just pull a solution out of a magic hat. We need to gradually improve the world day by day. Every little act of kindness helps. Why follow the crowd? Why be consumed by hatred and greed? Live your life to the fullest and enjoy it as much as you can and help others to enjoy it just as much as yourself. You only live once, so make the best of it :).

Just a thought I had :smoke:

2. Every single person acts in the interest of themselves.

3. Sadly, the world needs greedy fucks.

4. It does? Care to further your statement into more detail?

5. Yup the world is pretty greedy.

6. great points man - i agree for sure. it saddens me with everything that goes on with our planet today.

a random thought that came up again as i was reading your nice post: i really appreciate communities like this, a community revolving around marijuana. there are obviously people on here that love having money, love being able to spend money when we can and love getting new shit. however, i love that fact that we, as smokers and marijuana users, are able to appreciate life much more and really appreciate the day to day subtleties and generally don't allow ourselves in any way to be governed by money or finances. (obviously you have to get your shit taken care of - payments, bills, school, etc...) we appreciate what we have and what we work for, and to the fullest!

small thought i had. could turn that into a very long conversation, but i'll save you and myself the sanity. stay toasty, all. and very nice post, op. i hope a good discussion comes out of this! :smoke:

7. I'll state why I agree with this,
    If there weren't greedy people how could we appreciate the non-greedy ones? How would selflessness exist?

In my opinion, the world needs good and bad in order to appreciate the good and learn from the bad..

8. I hate the concept of money. We base our entire lives on money. Our entire futures. Every aspect of our lives.
    It makes me kind of depressed.

9. Yep, illuminati, harry j. anslinger, all dem' clowns.

:smoke:

10. Greed drives competition and innovation. The for-profit companies in this country are usually the ones with which we are most satisfied. When people work in their best interests, they further an end even with no intention of doing so.

11. You are indeed true, without bad there would be no good and without greed we would not be advancing like we are. Think about it, if there was one computer company and they had no competition. They made the top of the line computers, however they already had a lot of money and didn't really need any more, so they just keep selling what they are. Why change it if your making money? This is where greed comes in, someone else wants to make more money than this company so they work on a better computer and bring it to market, other company sees this so they make an even better computer and bring that to market, so on an so forth with other companies joining in.