The World is F'd

Discussion in 'General' started by Badfish90, Apr 19, 2013.

1. I came across this Vice documentary tonight. Say what you will about the publication but this video shows some real stuff. Nothing you're gonna see on basic news stations.

This combined with everything else going on, I can't help but think the world is going to shit.

WARNING: This video may be a little gruesome to some and will be depressing for all.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRuSS0iiFyo&list=PLDAB00D2D40C335AC]The Cannibal Warlords of Liberia (Full Length Documentary) - YouTube[/ame]

2. It's some crazy shit. I watched it before.

3. The end of days are here if not coming.

4. People have been saying the end is near for a very very very long time. We'll see.

5. I don't necessarily think the world is ending. I do believe the biggest flaw with the internet (that most people don't acknowledge) is that it can't help but harden people and makes us cynical as we're over-saturated with all the terrible things going on around us.

30 years ago and we would be half aware of what's happening around the world.

6. I completely agree.

7. I think Vice is great though I've only seen a few of their documentaries.
    Their docu's don't seem too professional or planned (every time they're running scared) but they're raw and insightful.

Africa is fucked.

8. Agreed. I was under the impression that Vice was kind of a joke in terms of professional journalism but I think I might've been wrong. Some stuff is lighter when it comes to subject material but they seem really dedicated to capturing the grittiness you won't get on TV.

9. haha VICE.
    Cuz they can really be taken seriously...

10. Maybe not but the video of a city in ruins and nobody helping should be taken seriously.

11. Honestly the world is shit constantly. It just seems worse because you are living it now. I'm sure people 300 years ago thought their world was worse than the last generations.

12. Do you think these days people aren't half aware?

13. You're missing the point. All I'm saying is that information is so much more accessible than it was 30 years ago and were bombarded with all of it.

14. no point missed

15. If the world didn't end when the Holocaust happened, why would it end now? Just because these bombings/shootings are being televised doesn't mean it's any worse than past events. Some people are psychotic. Some psychotic people will kill others. Such is how the world has been and most likely will be.

16. I posted this earlier:

17. We humanity are the designers of our own fate. It isn't disease, disasters and accidents we should fear, it's humanity itself.

18. Badfish, sorry I missed your post. I guess I am just further supporting your beliefs. The world could be ending, who knows? But I doubt it because horrible things have been happening for quite sometime.

19. I've been up all night listening to this search for the bomber so I'm a little short with people right now. Sorry if I came off as cranky.