Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The word "high"

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ydidimakeths420, Jun 22, 2012.

1. When i smoke cannabis, i'm not getting any "higher"
    I stay in the same place, not going anywhere...

People like to get: lifted, elevated, ect ect...
    But this doesnt really happen...

Yannoo?

So really, who decided that the word high was a good way to describe the effects of a psychoactive substance?

Any ideas?

Sorry if this made no sense, im high as balls. :smoke:

2. I dont like the word high because to me its too much generalization. I only smoke weed so I would prefer to say baked or blazed. "high" represents hard substances IMO whenever I hear it or say it.

3. Well if you have depression and anxiety like me then you will know that it does lift you. It's been to the point where I couldn't even get out of bed in the morning because I was so depressed. I took a toke and bam! It's as if my feelings and overall wellness rocket in to the sky. About your comment on who decided that the word "high" would be a good way to describe the effects. Think about every other word that was created by humans. Many of them make no sense at all, but I think "high" fits with weed quite nicely. That is just one man's opinion. I want to hear some others.

4. Wait....what?

o_O

:p

5. Haha, am i baked or what?
    Its even more ironic because my balls are fairly low.

...It was a reference to the great SGT based....

6. you could say the same about 'stoned', 'blazed', 'baked' and so on, it's just a word, what do you think is a more accurate description? :p

7. Relaxed is the word i would use.

8. You could say you ascend to a higher conciousness. When you are feeling euphoria, insane creativity and pure wisdom and clarity, and everything is funny and beautiful, I would definitely describe this as "high" :) Though I think 'high' does kinda fit drugs with more of a 'rush'. High doesnt really fit the indica stone though. When I vape I definitely feel 'high'.

9. Lol, kids would be like hey dude, you want to go behind the school at lunch and get way relaxed

10. Okay. Let's say that being happy is at the top of the scale, and feeling sad is at the bottom. Getting higher makes you happy (among other things) so that means you are getting "Higher" up the scale. That's why people say "I get high just smelling her hair" and things like that, because you become more happy.

11. I feel high, sortof...like almost a cerebral high. I feel like I'm not walking on the ground, like I'm actually a few feet off the ground when I'm walking places.

12. I get annihilated

13. I think "high" is perfect. I like "lit," too. As well as "lifted" and "in the clouds." I like words that reflect a type of flight and moments of clarity because that's how I feel. I feel like I'm flying.

14. Lol yea i think anything that gets u intoxicated, should be referring to u getting high... Its just a shorter word that everyones always used... Not necessarily saying that u actually feel like your physically elevating, just intoxicated.

It was just used at one point, and stuck.

15. In a way, it does feel like your're physically elevating. At least for me.

16. Yeah man it makes sense to say "high".
    Your mind is up there somewhere and you do feel uplifted and inspired and shit.

You just need to find the good stuff ;)

17. "I love my life!!" fuckin fag

18. Dufug you talking about man?